Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Late May, Pilatus or ?

Late May, Pilatus or ?

Old May 15, 19, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deniah View Post
weathers not been nice in the greater central europe region this month, and particularly this week.
@Pilatus a few weeks ago, the rain and visibility was really day-to-day. we lucked out on the day we decided to visit. so, you really cant make a call on it 1 week out.

snow was banked just outside hotel pilatus, and observation deck 2, but it was sunny and view was great. at the moment it does look like that snow isnt going to melt very quickly tho...
It looked exactly like the 1st time (and only time) I went and didnt check beforehand, when I got off the cog nothing but dense fog and snow a couple of feet high, wasnt expecting that, and wasnt properly clothed and this time not interested in taking along winter clothing. Was thinking of flyong to Prague for the day but seems the weather there wont be any better

Have to be in ZRH anyways for Weds - Sat,
Old May 15, 19, 12:56 pm

Programs: *G
*doesnt look like itll melt
Old May 26, 19, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

THX everyone

Was hoping to go to Luzern today, checked the Pilatus cam and it looked exactly like the other time I went and couldnt see 10 feet in front of me, then checked the Rigi, it was alot better but just in the immediate area with any view clouded in as well. So it looks like a trip on Lake Zurich and checking out the section of the old town Ive never been to

Vaduz was great on Thurs

A great thx to those who supplied me with the links to the cams it saved me wasting my last day here and 150 chf
CarlTheWebmaster and greg5 like this.
Old May 26, 19, 2:31 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold
It's been an especially bad May this year. Thursday was probably the best day of the last couple of weeks. On the plus side, at least it's not supposed to rain today here in the flat part. Enjoy the day!