Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help navigating this itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Need help navigating this itinerary

Hello community. I am a recently retired 57 year old male from NYC. The day after retirement, I packed up a backpack and began what I hope will be a very long journey, starting with Mexico.

Since I can only be here 180 days and I’m on 111, I’m planning ahead. The easy thing is to just do a visa run back to the states or Guatemala but I think I’d like to mix it up a bit.

I love Spain, Italy and France as well as Belgium and Amsterdam but to go back without seeing some other places, well that doesn’t seem too adventurous also. So, here is a list of places I’d like to go and I’m willing to spend 3-12 months doing them. My question to the group is more about logistics. i have to leave Mexico at the end of May.

Since I’d like to come back to Mexico at some point and I can only spend 90 days in Schengen countries, where do you suppose the best place to start and return to CDMX would be? Please understand this is just a wish list and I do not want nor expect to hit all of the places on this list. Getting from point A to point B is important and I’d rather immerse myself in a place for a few weeks in an apartment. Fortunately I have the means stay in an AirBnB instead of a hostel however I’d still like to keep my accommodation budget under $1,300 per month usd. As far as what I am looking for from each place, to be near a great local market and learning each cultures food and drink is more important to me than sightseeing and museums. Professional sporting events and festivals interest me more than shopping and statues.

I think three to six places out of this long list would work fine. If you were me, how would you compile an itinerary starting and returning to CDMX out of the following places?

Sorry for such a long post, as I tried to give you as much info about me to make a knowledgeable suggestion. I appreciate any and all advice or suggestions. Thank you

Ireland
London*
Amsterdam*
Belgium*
Barcelona
Lyon, France
Agadir
Zagreb
Budapest
Bucharest
Istanbul
Bratislava
Krakow
*been there before, fun but not necessary — looking for recommendations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.