Reload this Page >

IST late arrival

IST late arrival

Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1k, Marriott / Bonvoy: Platinum
IST late arrival

Hey!

I'll be flying FRA-IST, arriving at about 1:30 AM.

How safe is it to be moving around? Would it be possible to get a SIM card this late at night? Any advice for taking a taxi or Uber in to the city?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Depends on the airport you're arriving. Atatürk Airport or Istanbul Airport.

All three Turkish cell operators ( Turkcell, Vodafone, Türk Telekom ) has 24 hours open stores in Atatürk Airport. They also have stores in Istanbul Airport but I don't know if they would be 7/24. Uber is illegal in Turkey but they still operate and taxis could trick tourists easily. Just be aware that in Istanbul there is no flat fare on taxis. Everything is measured by a taximeter. Also don't rely on the hotel transfer desks as well. They are tourist scams.

If you share your date of arrival I could share more detailed info relevant to your case as there would me a movement on the 6th of April.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.