Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Airside transfer possible at Prague?

Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Not really a BA question - but BA FTers will know the answer!

In three weeks I will be arriving at PRG from DOH. HBO on a J tkt. Two hours later I am due to fly on to BRS on Easyjet.

Is it possible to make an airside transfer within the non Schengen terminal? Or do I have to go through passport control, security etc??

And any other tips for making the transition from Qatar business to the orange bus? :-)

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:51 am

Security is at the gate in PRG, so I'm pretty sure you'll arrive into the main terminal (what I mean by this is that on arrival you’ll find yourself in the departures area, which is used by arriving and departing passengers, and contains shops and restaurants, as well as access to the gates and to the exit).

There will be no immigration as you're non-Schengen to non-Schengen and then you'll have security at the gate.

Last edited by MarkFlies; Mar 3, 2019 at 3:59 pm Reason: Made some booboos. They were pointed out in a nice way.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:30 am

I haven’t done this, but last year travelled through Prague twice - a few days there before a QR trip via DOH, and an overnight before returning to the UK.

As far as I can remember, security was done at the gate in both cases. So you should be able to change from one gate to another without any problems.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:41 pm

You'll be fine. At PRG, non-Schengen flights are discharged directly into the terminal, and as others have stated, security is at the gate.
Immigration is on the way towards baggage claim, not between gates.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:20 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by MarkFlies
Security is at the gate in PRG, so I'm pretty sure you'll arrive into the main terminal.

There will be no immigration as you're Schengen to Schengen and then you'll have security at the gate.
I'm pretty sure everything about this post is wrong
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, HHonors
PRG is one of those airports where departing and arriving passengers mingle airside, hence security at the gate. But... the terminal is split between Schengen and non-Schengen. Although it’s one big building, it’s split into a nominal Terminal 1 and 2. As you’re arriving from DOH (non Schengen) and departing to BRS (also non-Schengen) you should be in the correct part of the terminal to make this easy for you.
I’m assuming you’re HBO and can get a mobile BP for your EZY flight.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'm pretty sure everything about this post is wrong
Ooops.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
This thread has been moved from the BA forum to Europe, as it has nothing whatsoever to do with BA.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by robertf999
PRG is one of those airports where departing and arriving passengers mingle airside, hence security at the gate.
About every airport I have passed through in Europe mingles departing and arriving passengers airside for most flights. This does not usually lead to security at the gate...
:D! likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:11 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by KayVeeBee
About every airport I have passed through in Europe mingles departing and arriving passengers airside for most flights. This does not usually lead to security at the gate...
Yes, though it's only passengers on flights arriving from EU/EEA/Switzerland (and US?) that get to mingle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.