Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
The confirmed movement day is: 5-6 April 2019
Print Wikipost

Istanbul 'New' Airport ( IST/ISL ) - Master Thread ✈️

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:59 am

Can anyone outline the planned public transport routes from the airport to the centre after the move happens?

I can see the current schedules which seem rather sparse. I can't imagine 14 buses a day to Taksim with some multiple hour gaps during the day will suffice.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by TravelDream
Can anyone outline the planned public transport routes from the airport to the centre after the move happens?

I can see the current schedules which seem rather sparse. I can't imagine 14 buses a day to Taksim with some multiple hour gaps during the day will suffice.
The schedule after the movement is not precise at the moment. However, Havaist buses would depart between 10-30 intervals after the grand movement and they would operate 24 hours a day.
TravelDream likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: SAS Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cphi4545
Hi Flyers I have a scheduled flight from CPH via Istanbul to BKK on the 4 of april, 1 day before the planned move. I have now got a email with a schedule change so that i will fly from CPH to IST Ataturk, and instead of the 4 hours stopover i have now a scheduled flight almost 28 hours later on the 5 april 20.15 instead of 4 April 20.15 from the new Airport. This of course is causing troubles for both booked hotels etc in BKK, but what about accommodation in Istanbul and transfer to new Airport the day after if i choose to keep the booking. Can i count on getting hotel/transfer and so on paid by TK ?...
Did you get any other options or offers from them? I have a very much similar issue, flying in to IST on 5th of April. They moved my connecting flight on 5th and say that they only can offer Me a flight on 10th of April (5 days later!!). ..
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
At the moment I am at Ercan Airport and I am reporting the latest information from Istanbul Airport.

Landside Departures Level:

Everything almost complete except the designated Turkish Airlines priority check-in desks. For the moment, priority check-in is done in one of the Economy check-in aisles.
Other airlines has not started to move their sales offices' from Atatürk Airport yet so the sales office areas are empty.
Only Turcuisine restaurant is open at the landside foodcourt and Burger King, Popeyes, Sbarro restaurants are almost ready. Their lighting systems were being tested during my visit.
For the moment, fast-track passport control and automated passport devices are not available.

International Airside:

Most duty-free stores and bazaar stores are ready and some of them are at service at this point.
Some stores are almost ready and they would open soon. However, most boutiques ( international fashion brands ) are not ready yet and construction is going on.
The food court areas are not ready at the moment. Only cafeterias and food stands are available at the moment. No a-la-carte dining option at the moment.

Lounges:

The SkyTeam Lounge was furnished and looked ready for the movement date. However, I am making this comment from the exterior of the lounge.
The IGA Lounge is not open as announced by IGA. It may be ready but as the information desk agent verified and I have clearly seen barriers in front of the escalators leading to the lounge; the post on Twitter/Facebook that IGA made is not accurate and the lounge does not accept passengers at the moment. Probably, it's ready but it would open after the grand movement.

I would discuss the Turkish Airlines Lounge's in the Turkish Airlines forum.

Gate Area ( Concourse B ):

The pop-up duty free stores at concourse B is not opened yet. Most of the retail outlets are also under construction.
There were mobile food carts which sold sandwiches, chocolates, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks at gates of both of the flights that departed from that concourse, that evening.

Also a party of 50-60 off-duty TGS ( Turkish Ground Services ) agents were on sight for a briefing made by one of the supervisors. The ground handling agents were getting detail about the new airport.

I would probably share the photos that I have took and the link of the trip report soon.
pencereamelesi and mafaky like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by mikeswe
Did you get any other options or offers from them? I have a very much similar issue, flying in to IST on 5th of April. They moved my connecting flight on 5th and say that they only can offer Me a flight on 10th of April (5 days later!!). ..
Hi, Yes they have moved me to fly the day after , but i cant accept this so my agency has applied for an full refund. Hopefully that should be accepted so that i can buy new tickets avoiding IST totally .
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:31 am

I'll be flying into and out of Istanbul in late June. My departing flight is out of Atatürk on TK Business to JFK. One of the big reasons I flew business was to try TK's famous business-class lounge. Will my flight definitely be out of the new airport by June based on the new announcement, and if so, is the new lounge going to be completed and as nice as the lounge in Atatürk?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
?stanbul Havaliman? 7 Nisan'da tam kapasiteye geçiyor - Sondakika Ekonomi Haberleri

According to today's Hurriyet Newspaper, the Istanbul Airport is going to full capacity on April 07. Lots of information in Turkish on Gates, Check in, Passport Control Points, Transportation, etc.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Yet still no news from any foreign airlines flying to Istanbul, like KLM, BA, Lufthansa. Kind of frustrating as I am due to fly to Istanbul on April 6 - in the middle of the "blackout" period on KLM.

Last edited by Roberts1987; Mar 18, 2019 at 6:52 am
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Roberts1987
Yet still no news from any foreign airlines flying to Istanbul, like KLM, BA, Lufthansa. Kind of frustrating as I am due to fly to Istanbul on April 6 - in the middle of the "blackout" period on KLM.
BA cancelled their flights weeks ago.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AtlasGlobal has announced that they would use check-in island C for domestic flights and check-in island M for international flights.

They have also announced that they would contract the IGA Lounge for their Business Class passengers and Atlasmiles Platinum and Corporate Club members. For now, they are not contracting any lounge for their domestic passengers.

mafaky likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

For those who wonder TAV Passport would not be valid for now at Istanbul Airport ( ISL ). I've heard that the TAV Passport team does not cancel memberships or gives a refund as members could use their benefits in Ankara, Izmir or Bodrum.

So, IGA has now introduced a new service named IGA Pass. Passengers could either buy single packs or annual memberships for their services.

First, I would like to mention that a single buggy ride would cost 5€ per person. These buggy's only operate at the international terminal and only serves between the beginning from the concourse to the gates.

The meet&greet, private hostess service would be €99 per person. Passengers could either take this service when departing, arriving or when doing a transfer.

The international IGA Lounge entrance fee would be 50€ per person. There is no information about the domestic IGA Lounge for the moment.

Also IGA Pass would offer yearly memberships with 3 tiers ( Plus, Extra and Premium ).

The first tier, Plus, would offer fast track, priority check-in ( airline list not definitive ) and IGA Lounge entry for only the member. The price for this membership is €299.

The second tier, Extra, would offer all benefits of Plus members plus free buggy service from concourse entrances to gates and 30 days of free valet or carpark service. The price for this membership is €399.

The third tier, Premium, which is worth €799 would offer all benefits of Extra for the member and one companion alongside with 90 days of free valet or carpark and 10 free transfers from the city to the airport.

In my opinion, the prices are really expensive and none of the packages are reasonable for passengers having status with airlines. Maybe they could be reasonable for *S/OWR/STE tier on alliances status passengers or passengers who fly a different alliance carrier every different time. The Extra package could be reasonable for travelers insisting going to the airport by their private cars, however, it would be really stupid to drive your own car there unless several situations as there would be buses and shuttles from almost all districts from Istanbul. I won't comment on the Premium membership which could only fits for someone flying 50+ more times a year from Istanbul Airport.

Edit: All prices excludes taxes worth %18.
mafaky likes this.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Mar 19, 2019 at 10:38 am Reason: Additional Info
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:02 pm

Hi all,
We won't be flying through IST until Dec 2019, but can anyone rate the TK business lounge? We're flying TK Business J and have a couple of hours to kill at IST.

Last edited by alt123; Mar 19, 2019 at 1:11 pm
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As this is almost a definition of a product that is meant for people that live in Istanbul, i.e. mostly Turkish people, I find it incredible that they could charge such prices in EUROS, especially as most of the economy is no longer legally able to do so (and yes I know that there are loopholes in there that have to do with foreign trade, etc). Furthermore, judging by the mediocre look of the IGA lounge, and what I am sure would be nothing special catering and drinks, I believe that 50 EUROS per visit per person, makes it perhaps the most expensive general paid lounge on Earth. 99 Euros PER PERSON is also one of the most expensive meet and Greets in the World (i.e. there are more expensive meet and greets, but generally not on a per person basis like this) I also find the whole "Valet" thing to be a bit weird, because generally anyone who would need such service, would be "driven" in one way or another, in any case the current rate for 30 Days at IST is 343TL.

alt123, please read any threads, the lounges might not even be open for months, so how could anyone have rated them?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:14 pm

Yes, sorry, I was getting ahead of myself I'll keep lurking on here in the coming months and hopefully a review of the new airport / new TK business lounge will be online.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
deleted

Last edited by newflya; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.