Search

Suitcase transfer GVA - FRA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, NZ Gold
Suitcase transfer GVA - FRA

Hi,

I would like to get a suitcase (approx 15 kg) transferred from GVA to FRA over the course of a couple of days and wondered if anyone could recommend options that allow a suitcase to be delivered direct to FRA, for a check in (on LH) to SIN later on the same day?
I'm trying to minimize a BA second checked bag fee - 60 pounds (GBP) per leg, as heading GVA - LHR - FRA over the course of a few days and don't need the second suitcase for those few days in LHR.

Thanks in advance

Knoydart.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:04 pm
CJR

Programs: Star Alliance, Oneworld
Within Switzerland (by rail transfer) or within Germany is possible but international - not that I have ever experienced.
If it did, the cost would probably exceed your additional baggage fee.
Swiss post charges CHF67 for a 15kg package to Germany for example - with post office pickup.
LH/SR currently quotes EUR 80 / CHF 92 for add'l piece weighing up to 23kg.

I do envy your home country. Enjoy your holiday.

Craig
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Unibaggage (you don't have to be a student) suggests £46 for a 20kg bag or £58 for 30kg sent between Switzerland and Germany. I believe this is door to door (which may or may not be what you're looking for - obviously somebody has to be there for the courier) and takes 3-5 days.

https://www.unibaggage.com
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mad_rich
Unibaggage (you don't have to be a student) suggests £46 for a 20kg bag or £58 for 30kg sent between Switzerland and Germany. I believe this is door to door (which may or may not be what you're looking for - obviously somebody has to be there for the courier) and takes 3-5 days.

https://www.unibaggage.com
Thanks for the tip, I will go and investigate. I'm not sure if LH will accept a bag from a courier and I can't access the Deutsche Post shop when I land (for Poste Restante) as they close 15 minutes before I'm due to arrive from LHR but I can but try.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CJR
Within Switzerland (by rail transfer) or within Germany is possible but international - not that I have ever experienced.
If it did, the cost would probably exceed your additional baggage fee.
Swiss post charges CHF67 for a 15kg package to Germany for example - with post office pickup.
LH/SR currently quotes EUR 80 / CHF 92 for add'l piece weighing up to 23kg.

I do envy your home country. Enjoy your holiday.

Craig
Thanks for the advice re internal mail. I think if I can't access the other service, its a no go.
I'm looking forward to my time in GVA, however its for work and I'm not expecting to see much daylight. Feel free to pop over to NZL any time, its a stunning place to live and work.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I find it highly unlikely that LH will accept a passenger bag for check-in other than on the day of travel and with the ticketed passenger physically present. Given that this results in a savings of between £2-14, it seems not worth the time & effort required, even if doable.

For what it is worth, if this were shipped as air freight, LH would only accept it from a licensed freight forwarder for security reasons.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The OP needs a European version of Airportr that operates in London and parts of the South East of England!

or the old luggage in advance service from days of yore!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.