Wiki Posts
Search

IC Train Zawiercie -> Warsaw arrive 18:55, flight 19:40

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold
IC Train Zawiercie -> Warsaw arrive 18:55, flight 19:40

Thoughts on how risky this would be, traveling HBO, and have priority security access.

IC130 Arrival Warsaw (west) - 18:55 (hasn't been late the last 7 days)
- uber - (5-10 mins)
BA851 Departure 19:40

The earlier IC train would be 2 hours earlier (arriving only 50mins earlier due to longer journey)

Thoughts?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
you would need to be at the gate by 19.20 as BA close doors 20 minutes before scheduled take off.

So you'e have 25 minutes to get from the station to the airport and clear security ...
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:16 pm

You would be risking it big style and mostly due to traffic — 5/10 minutes from Warszawa Zachodnia (Jerozolimskie street, good luck with that...) sounds way too optimistic and I know that area and Warsaw generally speaking like the palm of my hand. That being said, security once at the airport shouldn’t be an issue (get the Uber driver to stop at the first available space once they go past the barrier, enter the airport building through the first door and head straight to the very bottom, fast track will be on your right), however do bear in mind that you will also need to go through passports, adding a potential 5/10 extra minutes on your way to the gate. I surely wouldn’t do that but, at the end of the day, each individual has a different approach to risk

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jan 18, 2019 at 11:29 pm Reason: added further info.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
There is no way I would even attempt to do this. Not only are you relying on there being no train or traffic delays, you might have a long walk from the train platform to al. Jerozolimskie. Wasting even more valuable time.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Agree with the previous posts, this is a really risky connection. If you take the earlier train you also have the option of taking an SKM/KM train directly to the airport from Warszawa Zachodnia and not worry about traffic at all.

Another option: Zawiercie is also really close to Pyrzowice. You could grab a LOT domestic flight to WAW (they tend to be quite cheap) and then you'd already be at the airport.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by theSaladDays

Another option: Zawiercie is also really close to Pyrzowice. You could grab a LOT domestic flight to WAW (they tend to be quite cheap) and then you'd already be at the airport.
Yes. And would probably be much less than having to pay for a hotel in Warsaw should the OP miss the flight. And IIRC, BA only has 2 daily flights to LHR, with no morning flight which RONs there overnight. The first flight out from WAW comes in from LHR that morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.