Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where in Europe is similar to Lauterbrunnen?

Old Jan 10, 19, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

I might have 1-2 weeks without children in late April/Early May. I'm looking to travel to somewhere in Europe similar to Lauterbrunnen. I know... snow. I live at 6,500' near Grand Teton National Park (Wyoming, USA), so I'm extremely familiar with snow and realize the risk of snow, mountain travel, and I'll probably be confined to the valleys that time of year. I'm OK with that. So suggestions anyone?

BTW, I loved Lauterbrunnen. Amazing place, just would like to go someplace different.
Old Jan 10, 19, 6:31 pm

Programs: A3 *G, IHG Plat Amb., Hilton Diamond, Radisson Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10 View Post
I might have 1-2 weeks without children in late April/Early May. I'm looking to travel to somewhere in Europe similar to Lauterbrunnen. I know... snow. I live at 6,500' near Grand Teton National Park (Wyoming, USA), so I'm extremely familiar with snow and realize the risk of snow, mountain travel, and I'll probably be confined to the valleys that time of year. I'm OK with that. So suggestions anyone?

BTW, I loved Lauterbrunnen. Amazing place, just would like to go someplace different.
Have a look at Kranjska Gora located near Triglav National Park (Slovenia).
Old Jan 14, 19, 6:36 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
My suggestion, right off the beaten track, would be the Tatra mountains in Slovakia. Absolutely amazing, full of great trails and not overrun with people. Closer by, the French Alps have got lots of surprises in the them. Try the Cirque du Fer-ŗ-Cheval after the village of SamoŽns in the Haute Savoie. Take the D907 southeast from Geneva and follow it to the end.
Old Jan 17, 19, 6:10 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10 View Post

I do not think you will have much snow in the European valley at this time of the year (end of spring), Lauterbrunnen is only 850 meter high.
Can be different at higher altitude and location.

Search this Thread