Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Skiing/boarding in Poland - Feb

Old Jan 7, 19, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Im keen to book a short ski trip with the wife and kids to Zakopane. Has anyone done this trip recently and could share any advise?

I would like to travel from LHR/LGW and Im assuming I would need to land in KRK.
Old Jan 7, 19, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by FrogTastic View Post
Im assuming I would need to land in KRK.
Ideally, yes. As for the transport, Flixbus (amongst others) operates a couple of direct services from Kraków airport, with a journey time of roughly 3 hours. Train option also available from Kraków Główny but, given that you're travelling with the family and that it seems you will only be staying for a short period of time, I would suggest considering the car hire option it would take you less than 2 hours and, needless to say, it would allow you to enjoy some extra time up in the mountains. Otherwise, private transfer also worth considering.

G
Old Jan 7, 19, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
Ideally, yes. As for the transport, Flixbus (amongst others) operates a couple of direct services from Kraków airport, with a journey time of roughly 3 hours. Train option also available from Kraków Główny but, given that you're travelling with the family and that it seems you will only be staying for a short period of time, I would suggest considering the car hire option it would take you less than 2 hours and, needless to say, it would allow you to enjoy some extra time up in the mountains. Otherwise, private transfer also worth considering.

G
Thank you. Its likely we will only be there for 4/5 days or so. Do you happen to know any recorts that would be fitting for a short break with decent slope access?
Old Jan 7, 19, 11:46 am

My visits were mostly confined to altitude running or indeed visiting friends already staying there, I have however asked a good friend of mine (who heads to Zakopane twice a year with hubby & kids) and she suggests to look at Polana Szymoszkowa.

G
Old Jan 9, 19, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Isn't the Mercure hotel there adjacent to a ski lift? I'm not a skier, so I can't comment on the quality of the slopes.

Search this Thread