Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Connecting through LHR input please

Connecting through LHR input please

Old Dec 31, 18, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
The OP seems to know quite clearly his/her own circumstances, so I have no reason to doubt that the minimum stay restrictions put the kybosh on doing this kind of trip on a single ticket; and I have ever reason to accept that minimum stay restrictions is what put the kybosh on buying just one ticket. Saving money does matter to consumers.
GUWonder, we agree a single ticket won't work. The OP is NOT talking about using a single ticket however. So yes, minimum stay put the kybosh on doing this kind of trip on a single ticket. But the OP is not talking about a single ticket. He is talking about buying two separate tickets. Where does minimum stay then put the kybosh on that? ONLY if his stays are under the minimum time constraint of 7 days or 24 hours in Corfu. The OP is not saying the minimum stay puts the kybosh on a single ticket, he is saying it puts the kybosh on using TWO separate tickets.

I seriously wonder if the OP has got confused about this and in fact will not have a problem with buying two tickets. I am not assuming his total travel time will be under 7 days or under 24 hours in Corfu and the OP has not told us that is the case.

So forget any mention of single ticket and stick to two tickets with 2 minimum stay requirements. Where is the EVIDENCE of a 'kybosh' for that? If you are willing to ASSUME the OP's entire trip will be less than 7 days or less than 24 hours in Corfu, that's up to you. But I have seen far too many posts where an OP got confused for whatever reason and others just accepted that the OP knows what s/he was talking about.

I do find it strange that the OP hasn't returned to clarify his actual travel plans in terms of time.
Old Dec 31, 18, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fredrok View Post
And alas, this statement in the minimum sty fine print as I book the tickets I believe puts the kabosh on my money-saving plan....

"For shx5c7m5 type fares travel from inbound transatlantic sector must commence no earlier than 7 days after departure of the outbound transatlantic sector. And - travel from turnaround must commence no earlier than 24 hours after arrival at turnaround."

Reading that again, it seems like what is thought to put the 'kabosh' on the plan (given the OPs highlighting) is the idea of making the connection in LHR from one flight to another in a couple of hours. but it seems like the conditions quoted are for a SINGLE ticket, not two separate tickets. It refers to 'sector'. Two separate tickets have no 'sectors' His arrival in LHR on one ticket would have no restrictions at all on when he can leave LHR on another separate ticket.

I think the OP is reading the conditions that apply to a single ticket and then thinking they also apply to two separate tickets.

I still find it totally as clear as mud and wish the OP would simply return and state his travel plans in terms of time. I guess the OP is one of those posters who only comes on to post questions until they feel they have got an answer and then doesn't come back again until they have another question to ask.
Old Dec 31, 18, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis View Post
GUWonder, we agree a single ticket won't work. The OP is NOT talking about using a single ticket however. So yes, minimum stay put the kybosh on doing this kind of trip on a single ticket. But the OP is not talking about a single ticket. He is talking about buying two separate tickets. Where does minimum stay then put the kybosh on that? ONLY if his stays are under the minimum time constraint of 7 days or 24 hours in Corfu. The OP is not saying the minimum stay puts the kybosh on a single ticket, he is saying it puts the kybosh on using TWO separate tickets.

I seriously wonder if the OP has got confused about this and in fact will not have a problem with buying two tickets. I am not assuming his total travel time will be under 7 days or under 24 hours in Corfu and the OP has not told us that is the case.

So forget any mention of single ticket and stick to two tickets with 2 minimum stay requirements. Where is the EVIDENCE of a 'kybosh' for that? If you are willing to ASSUME the OP's entire trip will be less than 7 days or less than 24 hours in Corfu, that's up to you. But I have seen far too many posts where an OP got confused for whatever reason and others just accepted that the OP knows what s/he was talking about.

I do find it strange that the OP hasn't returned to clarify his actual travel plans in terms of time.
My bad, I missed the post where the OP said that the money-saving plan was messed up by minimum stay restrictions. Sorry about that.
Old Jan 1, 19, 11:24 am
Suspended

That's OK GuWonder. I really couldn't understand what it was we were disagreeing about.

Now the question remains, did the OP get confused somehow? I think so, but unless he returns, we will never know. Very frustrating after you and I have put all this effort into it.
Old Jan 1, 19, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis View Post
...{snip}...Now the question remains, did the OP get confused somehow? I think so, but unless he returns, we will never know. Very frustrating after you and I have put all this effort into it.
Which may be the reason why he won't return!
Eltham likes this.

Search this Thread