Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can't find flight from KUO to IST

Old Dec 20, 18, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus (silver)

There are non-stop flights from KUO to HEL, and also from HEL to IST, but neither Google Flights nor ITA matrix can quote me a price for a one-stop connection at HEL. How can I buy such ticket?

Last edited by miklcct; Dec 23, 18 at 2:59 am
Old Dec 20, 18, 6:59 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
KUO-HEL flights are on Finnair (oneworld) and HEL-IST flights are on Turkish (* Alliance). I expect that these two airlines have no cross-ticketing agreements, and therefore it's not possible to have flights on both airlines on one ticket. So you can't buy one.

You can of course buy two separate tickets, but then you are at risk on any misconnect.
Old Dec 23, 18, 2:43 am
MHG

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor
I can imagine a proper travel agent can book that combination in one itinerary but suspect it´ll become a pretty expensive one.
Well, in theory it´s possible that AY and TK do not have an interline agreement (not to be confused with code-share agreements ! ) but I doubt that´s the case.
It´s rather that such a combination is "not encouraged" for some reason.
Old Dec 25, 18, 8:21 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
People from Kuopio often take land transport to HEL instead of flying, especially if not flying AY. The train takes a bit over 4 hours.
Old Jul 25, 19, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus (silver)
It is now possible to find a flight from KUO - IST now as TK has now filed a fare which allows transferring from AY to TK for this market. If I found it out earlier, I won't have those hassle avoiding the expensive single-journey KUO - HEL flight on my previous trip because that KUO - HEL flight was the best flight for my timing which I could reach by bus.

My hassle was that, I was taking the HEL - IST flight at noon, the 09:15 KUO - HEL one-way was too expensive and no award availability, and the 07:00 flight with award availability was too early from Nilsiä where I was staying because bus 61 didn't run so early in the morning. And for train travel to HEL, the train from Siilinjärvi departed at 05:11 which was also too early for any public transport from Nilsiä, and I couldn't get anyone to drive me at that time to the train station also.

The result was to get someone drive me a really long distance from Nilsiä to Kuopio and get a night of hostel stay there. If the KUO - IST fare was available then before I book the HEL - IST - HKG, all these hassle could be avoided as my intent was to KUO - HEL (transfer) - IST (stopover) - HKG.

Search this Thread