Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer at GVA Schengen to Schengen

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Transfer at GVA Schengen to Schengen

Is it considered a clean transfer without security check if one stays airside (if this is possible at GVA, don't know the airport very well at all)?

Flights are on EZY incoming from Madeira (FNC) and onward to Berlin (SXF) if that matters.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
In principle a Schengen to Schengen transfer at GVA is clean, that is no security and no immigration.
However, you must remember if you're flying EZY, that they don't do flight connections and if you've a checked bag, you'll have to collect in GVA and recheck it to SXF. The no security, will only work if you're HBO.
A number of EZY flights use bus gates and because of how the planes are parked (particularly flights operated by EZS, Easyjet Switzerland), you may exceptionally get bussed to a zone requiring a security check, but it's extremely unlikely and I've never seen any line there. This is because EZS planes can be used for flights in any of the 3 zones at GVA, Schengen, non-Schengen and France.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.