Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

transit visa requirements ?

Old Oct 4, 18, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Hello again, I am the original poster requesting information about my fiancee travelling from Russia to S.Africa but in transit (airside only) at Frankfurt airport. In reply to Often1 and !, thanks for both your replies, but they both conflict with each other, so which is correct. I don't know what is "TIMATIC" never heard of it Her situation is not of her choosing, its just the route that Lufthansa flies from Moscow to Cape Town, and similarly Swiss Air on her return leg from S.Africa, when she picks up her connection back to Moscow. Surely this sort of thing is a regular occurrence, its purely an in transit situation, from arrival gate to Frankfurt airport directly to departure gate. Thanks in anticipation of your help to clarify this.
Old Oct 4, 18, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Why are you asking the same question again?
TIMATIC is the database the airlines use to ensure passengers adhere to correct immigration/visa criteria for all countries and transit ...
You were provided with a link in the first thread to enter your fiancees details ...
Old Oct 5, 18, 5:20 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by pdesjard View Post
I don't know what is "TIMATIC" never heard of it.
Maybe I can give you a good advise which can came in handy in the future. There is something called internet search engine like for example Google or Bing which you can use to look up such terms like TIMATIC
Old Oct 7, 18, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
No need to get upset at the OP
Not everybody understand the acronyms and lingo

pdesjard
It appears that she will NOT need a visa if she is transiting through FRA or ZRH
She will need to remain in a specific part of the airport.
In order to be sure, I would try asking/confirming this with a travel agency in Moscow before you leave.
The website link you were given to TIMATIC is a United airlines website that is the best way to see if you need visa or any health requirements. It allows you to enter all the information including where you will be transiting.
When I entered information including a russian federation citizen, holding a russian federation passport with a ticket that continues from FRA to south africa and from ZRH to moscow, it says no visa is required.

Search this Thread