Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Venice to JFK with 50 min connection in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Venice to JFK with 50 min connection in Amsterdam

I am booked on KLM (Delta partner) from Venice leaving 11:35am, arriving 1:45pm on a Sunday and connect in Amsterdam for a Delta flight at 2:35 to JFK

It was all booked directly thru Delta but this is a very tight connection. Will we make it? We did book Delta Conform Plus, not sure if it helps with any lines?

I am pretty sure if we miss it they will be responsible for getting us onto the next available flight, but what are the chances of making this connection?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:12 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
You'll need to go through passport control in AMS (not VCE) which can take a while when it's busy. They wouldn't sell the ticket if they didn't think most people would make it most of the time.
UKtravelbear likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There is plenty of advice on connecting at AMS on the kLM board so I’d have a look iver there.

KLM will be responsible for rebooking you onto the next available flight should you miss your original one.

there are plenty of KLM help centres throughout AMS and most functions can be dealt with using the self service machines.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Since the outgoing flight is on Delta, there's also the security interview at D1 before going to the actual gate. It's a tight connection, but AMS is quite efficient; if the flight from VCE is on time and you keep moving, it's possible.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tlreze
I am booked on KLM (Delta partner) from Venice leaving 11:35am, arriving 1:45pm on a Sunday and connect in Amsterdam for a Delta flight at 2:35 to JFK

It was all booked directly thru Delta but this is a very tight connection. Will we make it? We did book Delta Conform Plus, not sure if it helps with any lines?

I am pretty sure if we miss it they will be responsible for getting us onto the next available flight, but what are the chances of making this connection?
Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Amsterdam (AMS): The Definitive Thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1919229-delta-klm-both-promise-me-55-min-transfer-ams.html

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Aug 20, 2018 at 7:29 pm Reason: fixed second link
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
In AMS: no security but there is an emigration passport check. Make sure you follow the path for connections passport, do not go land-side and back airside. Ensure you also stop by gate D1 to bend a knee to the US DHS. If your incoming flight is not late you will be OK but do not hesitate anywhere. You don't have time to stop and shop around a lot. There are several places along the D pier to get basic food/snack/etc for the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.