Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Italy vs Greece

Italy vs Greece

Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Italy vs Greece

Amalfi and Capri look like stunning coastline views. What are the equivalent of sight seeing spots in Greece?

Most importantly, between Greece and Italy which do you suggest/prefer? I'm just looking for good views on the Mediterranean
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I was in Palma di Mallorca in the dead of winter, and it was gorgeous (the food was also amazing). Limiting yourself to Greece v. Italy is a bit unnecessary. What about Dubrovnik, just to throw a city (close to the Mediterranean, if on the Adriatic Sea) that isn't in your sights?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by fay637
Amalfi and Capri look like stunning coastline views. What are the equivalent of sight seeing spots in Greece?

Most importantly, between Greece and Italy which do you suggest/prefer? I'm just looking for good views on the Mediterranean
You seem to love questions such as between X and Y, which one do you prefer? There are hundreds of stunning views on the Mediterranean in almost every island/country and you have to realize that your questions are of the orange vs. apples kind: de gustibus et coloribus non disputandum est!
SK likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The end of the Corinth Canal has nice views.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I was in Palma di Mallorca in the dead of winter, and it was gorgeous (the food was also amazing). Limiting yourself to Greece v. Italy is a bit unnecessary. What about Dubrovnik, just to throw a city (close to the Mediterranean, if on the Adriatic Sea) that isn't in your sights?
Having just returned from 12 days on the Dalmatian coast, I don't know that I'd recommend Dubrovnik over Greece or Italy. However, I would certainly recommend the islands along the Dalmatian coast for what the OP seems to be looking for. We especially liked Korcula.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by fay637

You'll have to go to the southern Greek islands (Rhodes or Crete) or Cyprus for good views of the Mediterranean Sea.

If you're on the western side of Italy (Amalfi Coast), you're on the Tyrrhenian Sea. If you're on the eastern side of Italy or Croatia, you're on the Adriatic Sea.
Romanianflyer and abeyro like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
I heard Blackpool has lovely sea views and a great climate
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:08 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
I heard Blackpool has lovely sea views and a great climate
This summer the weather in Blackpool is probably preferable to southern Europe... I don't know why people without children in school like to leave the UK for the few months of the year when it's actually nice
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
This summer the weather in Blackpool is probably preferable to southern Europe... I don't know why people without children in school like to leave the UK for the few months of the year when it's actually nice
Food? Prices?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by KLouis
Food? Prices?
Chips. Cheap as.

(that's proper British chips not those American 'fries' or European 'frites' nonsense)
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:36 am
Suspended

The question as asked is pointless. What I are anyone other than yourself prefers is pointless unless it is I or someone else who is thinking of going somewhere. Where you would prefer depends on your interests, not mine or anyone else's.

The more intelligent the question asked, the more relevant the responses can be.
Reds2011 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

To the nice people on this post: Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:27 pm

Italy is definitly Better choice.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:25 am

Greece is cheaper
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:44 am

You haven't told us AFAIK when you plan to travel. I think that may 'colour' your choices ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.