Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

how much does it cost for someone in EU to use mobile phones to call my US number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how much does it cost for someone in EU to use mobile phones to call my US number?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, BA

how much does it cost for someone in EU to use mobile phones to calll my US landline number? (direct call, per minute)

EU countries such as Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Romania... I do know know what mobile carriers or plans that they use...

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It will depend on their mobile carrier and the plan that person has with their mobile carrier. No different than had you asked the question about calling from the US to the EU. Without details, the answer is something from very little to a great deal.

Do note that unless the individual has no access to WiFi, Skype, Google Hangout or any number of other VOIP-based services are anywhere from free to fractional cents per minute, again, all depending on the exact service and plan.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:43 am

I often call with Google Hangouts on mobile data for free. Works perfectly.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
My current plan includes 60 minutes of calls to numbers in the EU and the US, so most months the answer is nothing.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:09 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I call my mom in the US from Cyprus. My mom doesn't do computers so I can't Skype her. It generally costs me about 2 euros for a 20 minute call (that includes VAT). It's quite reasonable - I only call once a month or so.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
I call my mom in the US from Cyprus. My mom doesn't do computers so I can't Skype her. It generally costs me about 2 euros for a 20 minute call (that includes VAT). It's quite reasonable - I only call once a month or so.
You can call with Google Hangouts to landlines for free. I don't know what the price is to mobile phones, but I can imagine it will be just as cheap.

So your other person doesn't need to do computers at all 😉
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by pjcarly
You can call with Google Hangouts to landlines for free. I don't know what the price is to mobile phones, but I can imagine it will be just as cheap.
The US system doesn't differentiate between landline and mobile phones for the receiving number.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by ajGoes
The US system doesn't differentiate between landline and mobile phones for the receiving number.
This would be a good point for a sticky. Many people in other parts of the world are used to telecom systems which are a patchwork of land and mobile lines with differing pricing for inbound calls. Not so for the US or Canada.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
This would be a good point for a sticky. Many people in other parts of the world are used to telecom systems which are a patchwork of land and mobile lines with differing pricing for inbound calls. Not so for the US or Canada.
The receiving party on a mobile phone is the one paying for receiving the calls.
ajGoes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.