Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Athens Airport Transportation Options Late Night

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Athens Airport Transportation Options Late Night

Hello, does anyone have any good recommendations on a car service as we arrive into the airport after Midnight and need to get to our Hotel in Piraeus?

Would uber also be a possibility to tether from the WiFi at airport as I won't have cell service?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

A taxi is probably your best and safest bet. I think there is a late night surcharge but if I am not mistaken it should be about 55E. TA has a lot of info on this.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...ns_Attica.html
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:42 pm

All taxis have a late night surcharge after midnight, i.e. they charge the so-called double tariff (1.19€ instead of 0.69€ per km). To the price on the meter add a few more €s for starting at the airport plus 0.40€ per piece of luggage. There are no tolls if the driver uses the road around othens along the coast, the distance is about 30 km. If he chooses the freeway (attiki odos) add 2€ for tlls and the distance is much longer (~45 km) but potentially faster. I'd personally choose the first option and tell the driver to drive via Vari and Glyfada (cheaper and rather fast at that time).
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

I found a Taxi company called Olympos that does it for 45 Euro. I feel like I won't be able to get it lower than that?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
I found a Taxi company called Olympos that does it for 45 Euro. I feel like I won't be able to get it lower than that?
Never heard of that company and the price sounds very low compared to the regular fee at that time of day. I really can't say anything about it.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Have you tried
Welcome Pickups
Very easy to use online taxi booking service. Driver meets you at Arrivals Hall - card with your name on it.
You prepay online. Their fare is 70€ (all inclusive of tolls, etc). This is 10€ more than the standard fixed fare of 60€ (ATH-Piraeus between midnight and 5 am) which you can get outside on the taxi line. I liked the prepay feature, and the driver carried Mrs G's bag, plus Welcome Pickups provides bottled water in the cab.
I booked it a day or two in advance of the flight. In the event, we were delayed. Welcome Pickups sends you an email with your assigned driver's contact number, so I sent him a text when we departed and the transfer went flawlessly. It's about 45 - 50 minutes. Know your Gate at Piraeus.
Overall, we found this taxi booking service very convenient and easy to use.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:28 pm

I'm about to use them! You highly recommend?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:26 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
OP, why not just take the X96 bus for 6€ each?

It runs 24 hours every day.

It departs from the arrivals level near the last door (as the traffic goes)

Easy and painless if you board early and get a seat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.