Wiki Posts
Search

Budapest vs St Petersburg

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 1:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Budapest vs St Petersburg

To those who have been to Russia and Hungary, how would you compare the two and which did you like better?
Old May 5, 2018, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
What interests you, how long will you be there, how do you define better? Providing more information allows others to respond more specifically to your question.

Cheers.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by fay637
To those who have been to Russia and Hungary, how would you compare the two and which did you like better?
To those who eat both oranges and apples, how would you compare the two and which did you like better? Sorry for being sarcastic, but what exactly do you want to find out? Night life? Museums? Music? Architecture? And the list goes on and on and on...
LondonElite likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
OP seems to specialize in asking obtuse comparative questions ... (one of several similar threads) Comparing Eastern European Countries To Each Other
Old May 6, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
One decidedly non-trivial factor is what passport you hold. Hungary may well be a lot easier to get into than Russia.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:06 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I liked Hungary better because I just turned up and got in without any questions, whereas to get permission to fly into Russia I need to pay an exorbitant fee and waste a day justifying my existence to their embassy. However, my friend has a passport which lets him into Russia visa-free, but requires a Schengen visa, so he went to Russia instead of Hungary.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
I liked Hungary better because I just turned up and got in without any questions, whereas to get permission to fly into Russia I need to pay an exorbitant fee and waste a day justifying my existence to their embassy. However, my friend has a passport which lets him into Russia visa-free, but requires a Schengen visa, so he went to Russia instead of Hungary.
Your point is well taken. Along those lines, it is interesting to compare who is allowed to enter Hungary visa-free and who has that privilege with regard to Russia:

Passport & Visa Requirements to Hungary

Visa-free travel to the Russian Federation
Old May 6, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: *G
To answer your question I can confirm they are both separate cities in different countries.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Both are great and worth visiting.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Wow some of you guys are total jerks. Thanks to the people who are nice
Old May 14, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: *G
You get out what you put in
henry999, Palal, KLouis and 2 others like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fay637
Wow some of you guys are total jerks. Thanks to the people who are nice
You asked a completely open-ended question with no further input of your personal preferences. The comparison with apples and oranges is rather tame, I think. Perhaps you can share with us what motivates you to choose these two cities.
Old May 14, 2018, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You asked a completely open-ended question with no further input of your personal preferences. The comparison with apples and oranges is rather tame, I think. Perhaps you can share with us what motivates you to choose these two cities.
Don't bother with logical arguments, it's a helpless case... As one of the jerks, I may, perhaps, be able to offer him/her some help by citing one of Aesop's fables (in a loose English translation):
Every man is born into the world with two bags suspended from his neck: all bags in front full of his neighbors’ faults, and a large bag behind filled with his own faults. Hence it is that men are quick to see the faults of others, and yet are often blind to their own failings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.