Search

Mykonos Airport - Vueling

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Mykonos Airport - Vueling

Hi all,

Have a trip scheduled from Mykonos (JMK) to Barcelona (BCN) on Vueling at 4:20 AM. This was the only direct flight, but it is super early. Has anyone ever flown this early out of Mykonos airport? What type of airport transfer options are even available at that time? Anyone with experience flying out of Mykonos?

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:58 pm
Suspended

There are quite a lot of such crazy hours flights from Greek islands. Often they are a result of cheap package tourists who are prepared to put up with anything if their package price is cheap enough. When I lived on Rhodes, it was the norm to see tourists having to leave their hotel by noon and then sit around all day and evening waiting for the tour company bus to come and pick them up late in the evening for an early am. flight back to their home country.

You would see them sitting in a restaurant or bar nursing one coke for hours, with their suitcases sitting beside them. All their money was spent. Flights would be leaving at 1, 2, 3 am. A few who were a bit smarter would check out of their hotel at noon and then walk next door to another hotel and negotiate a 'day rate' for a room. The rooms were empty at noon and cleaned by 1pm. Some hotels would then agree to rent a room from say 1pm to 8pm so people could take a nap, have a shower, change and go to the beach for the day,etc. After 8pm, the room would again be made up for the new tourists arriving at 10pm on a flight coming in that the previous bunch were going back home on.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:59 pm

dont be late with vueling they close gate early 40 mins before take off happen to me barca had to buy new ticket
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:19 pm

Mykonos airport is less than 2.5 km away from the centre of town. Unless you have a tour operator that provides for a bus as indicated by dulciusexasperis, arrange with a cab driver to be picked up at, say, 2 am (it won't be that expensive) or... walk the half hour needed.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tarzanaguy
Mykonos (JMK) to Barcelona (BCN) on Vueling at 4:20 AM
Ugh. That sounds like my definition of hell. No vacation is worth that nightmare. Best of luck to you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.