Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Immigration / customs forms for the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Immigration / customs forms for the Netherlands

My mother will be traveling by air to AMS by herself and meet up with me at the airport. She will be entering the Netherlands immigration and customs by herself as I'm scheduled to land about an hour after she does.

I was wondering if there are samples of the immigration and customs forms that we can look at in advance so I can help her filling them out as she has limited English ability. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
There are no immigration or customs forms to enter NL.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
If you are both flying into AMS from outside Schengen (which it sounds like you are), then you both can meet prior to going through passport control and do it together. Since your mother lands first, she can search for your arrival gate and meet you there.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Smaug
If you are both flying into AMS from outside Schengen (which it sounds like you are), then you both can meet prior to going through passport control and do it together. Since your mother lands first, she can search for your arrival gate and meet you there.
Depending on where the OP and his/her mother are flying from, that might not be possible, also "arrival gate" information is not easily available anywhere.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Or have your mother sit near her arrival gate and you go and find her. There are a few coffee stands in the gate areas so she can get a drink and snack if needs be.

If you say what both your flights / airlines are you might get better tailored advice on a good place for you both to meet,
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Or have your mother sit near her arrival gate and you go and find her. There are a few coffee stands in the gate areas so she can get a drink and snack if needs be.
That is only the case if she arrived from a "secure" non-Schengen destination, e.g. UK/USA/EU
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ditto
That is only the case if she arrived from a "secure" non-Schengen destination, e.g. UK/USA/EU
Which is why I asked OP to provide flight details so they could be given specific advice.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Both of us are flying KLM. I'm flying to AMS from Atlanta and she will be flying to AMS from Taipei.

Thanks for for the help!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsy9999
Both of us are flying KLM. I'm flying to AMS from Atlanta and she will be flying to AMS from Taipei.

Thanks for for the help!
That's useful. What I would do is have a look at the AMS website for a few days to try and get a sense of which gates these flights use when they land and then take a view on where is best to meet.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
That's useful. What I would do is have a look at the AMS website for a few days to try and get a sense of which gates these flights use when they land and then take a view on where is best to meet.
There is just no practical way of doing that, or meeting airside anywhere except next to the immigration desks (which there are 3 of, so it will also be a bit hard to coordinate without possibly requiring a lot of extra walking)
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
As Taipeh is not a secure destination she has to follow the connecting flights signs and first have to go through security to meet you airside. Another possibility is to meet each other landside.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:47 pm

What's missing from the question is the general competency level/English competency level of the OP's mother.

Assuming some English and a reasonable level of general competency, it makes much more sense to meet landside.

There is an official meeting point landside - https://www.schiphol.nl/en/facilities/meeting-point/

I would suggest Starbucks, but I think there is more than one landside so that could get confusing.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I think my mother will not have any problem at the immigration & customs desks. We'll just meet landside to make things easier. We both have international data plan on our phones so meeting up shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.