Anyone used Uber out of WAW?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone used Uber out of WAW?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
Question Anyone used Uber out of WAW?

Like most places, I read one needs to go to the departures level...will it be fairly obvious where to go once I am there?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:04 pm

Yes, just walk outside and wait for the car...
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Doesn't get much easier than that! There is no specific waiting spot? Did you find the Uber prices in Warsaw to be as cheap as they appear online?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:48 pm

I don't believe there is a specific waiting spot, it's a pretty short road to begin with.
I have no idea what the online prices are, last year it was about 20PLN for UberPOP and about 30PLN for UberSELECT to the city center, of course it also depends on your destination/traffic etc., but to compare a taxi is roundabout 35-45PLN
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again. That is the price range I was seeing online, quite cheap in my book.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:49 am

There are 2 meeting spots for Uber at Warsaw airport (you will get the option as soon as you request a car) and namely departures AB & departures CDE. That said, I would personally recommend the former (you will be facing the Courtyard by Marriott hotel) simply because it's a much quieter spot compared to CDE, which is normally where taxis, private cars etc. would drop passengers off and therefore relatively busy.

G
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
There are 2 meeting spots for Uber at Warsaw airport (you will get the option as soon as you request a car) and namely departures AB & departures CDE. That said, I would personally recommend the former (you will be facing the Courtyard by Marriott hotel) simply because it's a much quieter spot compared to CDE, which is normally where taxis, private cars etc. would drop passengers off and therefore relatively busy.

G

Thank you, just the kind of info I am looking for. As I will be arriving on an international LOT flight, which of these will be closer to me?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Clay_C.
Thank you, just the kind of info I am looking for. As I will be arriving on an international LOT flight, which of these will be closer to me?
International meaning US/non-Schengen? If so, you are more likely to exit through the main arrival hall, which is basically on the ground floor, just below CDE. What you will need to do is proceed right as soon as you exit the baggage hall, straight ahead until you see another arrival area with flight information screen (you should see a McDonald Café and McDonald Restaurant within that hall), there you will go up the stairs and you will be in the AB's departures hall. It all sounds complicated but it's just matter of 30 seconds once you're there.

Any doubts, please let me know.

G
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:58 am
Original Poster

International meaning US/non-Schengen? If so, you are more likely to exit through the main arrival hall, which is basically on the ground floor, just below CDE. What you will need to do is proceed right as soon as you exit the baggage hall, straight ahead until you see another arrival area with flight information screen (you should see a McDonald Café and McDonald Restaurant within that hall), there you will go up the stairs and you will be in the AB's departures hall. It all sounds complicated but it's just matter of 30 seconds once you're there.

G
Yes, will be arriving from the US. Thanks for the detailed directions, I will be ready!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:41 pm

G
Flying in from Germany ... looks like I will be in the other arrival area that you mention.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by malgudi
Flying in from Germany ... looks like I will be in the other arrival area that you mention.
It really depends on which exit (or Wejścia) you will go for once off the plane: if you are travelling to Warsaw with Lufthansa, then you will most likely get a gate (i.e. meaning no remote stand), most likely from 26-'upwards'. If you turn right and follow Exit/Wejścia, go down the stairs, through the automated doors and into the baggage carousels area. Exiting the 'airside area' from there and with one of the McDonald's on your right, proceed right and go up the escalator, you will be in the AB hall right in front of the Marriott (Courtyard) hotel, where it's definitely less busy and much easier to request/get on a Uber car as opposed to the other side (no 'drama' if you get to the other side i.e. CDE as the airport is relatively small and it only takes 30 seconds to walk along the entire terminal building)

G
malgudi likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:40 am

Is there free airport wifi at WAW to access Uber and track your driver's location? I might not (have time to) buy a new SIM card on arrival. Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:13 am

There is indeed free Wi-Fi at Warsaw airport.

G
fallinasleep likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.