Shuttle buses between hotels and ZRH (Zurich) Airport issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:30 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Shuttle buses between hotels and ZRH (Zurich) Airport issues

Generally the hotels near the airport are cheaper (and newer) than those in the central city. Another plus had been free shuttles (5-10 min) ride between the hotel and the airport.
Nearly all the hotels (which have shuttles) provide FREE service between the airport and the hotel--but from the hotel to the airport is a different issue.
2 years ago Hilton started charging 5 SFR (a one time charge) for unlimited trips between Hilton and ZRH, now they charge 5 SFR per trip, a few other hotels are also now charging a fee.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I usually walk to the airport from the Hilton (or take the tram 1 stop if I have a day ticket).
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:20 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
I usually walk to the airport from the Hilton (or take the tram 1 stop* if I have a day ticket).
Actually from the closest stop to the Hilton(s) [main hotel on top of the hill, and the Apart-Hotel nearly at ground level] it is 2 stops to the airport.
But, if it is bad weather and/or you have luggage the airport shuttle is more convenient. But (from electronic shuttle info board near shuttle p/u area at ZRH) a few other hotels are also charging a fee [I don't remember which]--but some of these are not in walking distance from ZRH airport
*for the closest stop to the Hilton there is NO validation/ticket purchase machine on the side going to ZRH (airport), that machine is on the other side of the street--boarding with no ticket (or an unvalidated one) could cause problems...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.