Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

95 minute layover in BRU

95 minute layover in BRU

Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
95 minute layover in BRU

Is 95 minutes sufficient to change planes on a ORD-BRU-KGL routing? I have never been to BRU before. Arriving on United metal, changing to a codeshare operated by Brussels Airlines. Thanks for any help!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Maykita
Is 95 minutes sufficient to change planes on a ORD-BRU-KGL routing? I have never been to BRU before. Arriving on United metal, changing to a codeshare operated by Brussels Airlines. Thanks for any help!
I'd say so. On one ticket this should be doable. Checked your bags from ORD to KGL and just follow the signs at BRU.

BRU is not that difficult to navigate. It's IMO fairly compact.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WorldLux
I'd say so. On one ticket this should be doable. Checked your bags from ORD to KGL and just follow the signs at BRU.

BRU is not that difficult to navigate. It's IMO fairly compact.
Thanks so much -- yes, one ticket. Coming from the US and heading to Africa it looks like we would go from terminal B to T, so a bus transfer. I think we have to clear security, and also passport control? Compactness helps a lot though! We would like to keep this ticket if we can, clock is ticking on the 24 hr refund window...all the other options are a lot more expensive, a lot less convenient, or both. Thanks again.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Maykita

Thanks so much -- yes, one ticket. Coming from the US and heading to Africa it looks like we would go from terminal B to T, so a bus transfer. I think we have to clear security, and also passport control? Compactness helps a lot though! We would like to keep this ticket if we can, clock is ticking on the 24 hr refund window...all the other options are a lot more expensive, a lot less convenient, or both. Thanks again.
You'll have to clear security but not passport control since you are not entering the Schengen zone.

I wouldn't worry about it because they are on the same booking/ticket.

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-de/practical-information/travel-info/at-the-airport/transfers-at-brussels-airport/default.aspx
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
95 minutes is enough time.

Last time I transferred at BRU on United metal to Brussels metal, I wasn't able to check in to the second flight in advance. I had to go to a transfer desk at BRU to get my boarding pass. I have no idea if that's routine or unusual on that routing, but you may want to be aware of it. It didn't take long, so the 95 minutes should still be plenty of time, as long as you're aware that you need to do it. You should know when you check in to the UA flight.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zolex
You'll have to clear security but not passport control since you are not entering the Schengen zone.

I wouldn't worry about it because they are on the same booking/ticket.

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-...t/default.aspx
Thanks, very helpful!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.