Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

2 week stay in Istanbul

2 week stay in Istanbul

Old Nov 12, 17, 2:26 am
Original Poster

2 week stay in Istanbul

So,I will be staying for 2 weeks in Istanbul around February 2018.
Should I book a hotel or look for an apartment instead?
And can anyone link me to sites for rentals and hotels with decent prices?
Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 14, 17, 4:36 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Some idea of budget would be helpful. Also if there is an area you need/want to be in.

Due to the economy and various political issues, the number of tourists in Istanbul are down, so there are some great deals to be had.

Normal price comparison websites are a good start or airbnb, hotels.com gives you a free night for every 10 nights you book with them so that works well. You can always phone the hotel you are interested in and ask their best deal for a two-week stay.

Whether you prefer a hotel or apartment is down to personal preference and budget.
Old Nov 16, 17, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Worcester View Post
Some idea of budget would be helpful. Also if there is an area you need/want to be in.

Due to the economy and various political issues, the number of tourists in Istanbul are down, so there are some great deals to be had.

Normal price comparison websites are a good start or airbnb, hotels.com gives you a free night for every 10 nights you book with them so that works well. You can always phone the hotel you are interested in and ask their best deal for a two-week stay.

Whether you prefer a hotel or apartment is down to personal preference and budget.
My budget for the 2 weeks is no more than 600 eur. (less is even better as I would much rather spend my money on an experience than an apartment/hotel room) I will check out the sites you recommended,thank you! I would rather be in Taksim,but if it isn't possible that's fine too. I would also rather stay in a studio than in a sketchy hotel to be honest
Old Nov 17, 17, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
600 Euro is a tight budget for 2 weeks but in Istanbul it is doable. I took a quick look at Hotels.com and found a few apartments & hotels with good reviews within that budget. For a 2 week trip one thing to consider is laundry service. An apartment that includes a washer/dryer is an additional savings in time & money. Or a hotel with service nearby, machines that are reasonable or offer a reasonable service rate. Kitchens also can save you a lot if only to prepare breakfast and the occasional meal.
For extended stays I prefer apartments over hotels just because you feel a bit more at home.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: