Wiki Posts
Search

Travel from US to India via Amsterdam with no US visa stampped

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Question Travel from US to India via Amsterdam with no US visa stampped

Hi Everyone,

Earlier It was allowed to travel to home country India thru Amsterdam from US even though US visa is not stamped. Are there any changes in policy recently? Can I still travel via Amsterdam without Transit visa. I am just changing terminal/planes in Amsterdam there is no airport change. Has anyone faced issues traveling via Amsterdam.

Thanks !!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Have you checked on TIMATIC?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:29 pm

Holders of onward tickets transiting by the same or first connecting aircraft:

This is from Timatic. Best advice though, call a Dutch consulate/embassy.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC at least if you're connecting between DL/KLM TATL and the KLM flight to India, you stay in the same airside nonschengen part of the terminal, although there's a further security check before DL TATL flights to the USA. There's even an airside transit hotel as well as a Yotel in the airport.

Check TIMATIC as this is what airline agents *should* consult when determining whether you can board the flight. I'd also try to bring a printout of the TIMATIC results as well as something from the Dutch consulate's website (in English). You might also want to look at the USA state department's website pages on visa rules (but they might only pertain to USA citizens), which isn't at all authoritative but it what some DL agents choose to use for visa requirements IME.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: TK*G, KL, AB
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Check TIMATIC as this is what airline agents *should* consult when determining whether you can board the flight. I'd also try to bring a printout of the TIMATIC results as well as something from the Dutch consulate's website (in English). You might also want to look at the USA state department's website pages on visa rules (but they might only pertain to USA citizens), which isn't at all authoritative but it what some DL agents choose to use for visa requirements IME.
The US State Department website sounds like a terrible place to get information about the rules for Indian nationals transiting in Amsterdam. OP should definitely confirm with other sources and make sure the agent does the same.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:24 am

Check the schengen website but my guess is you will not be allowed to board your flight to AMS. You will need an airside transit visa.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Forget the US State Department. OP is not a USN and is asking a question regarding transit or entry to a different country.

Look at TIMATIC. That is what the check-in agent will use when determining whether to permit OP to board the flight to AMS. If that information is unclear, the time to clarify is beforehand and not at check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.