Wiki Posts
Search

Best Place to Lounge? LHR or AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Best Place to Lounge? LHR or AMS?

My wife's Chase card comes with a Priority Pass subscription. I may be flying to Amsterdam to meet her, but my trip may have me in the lounges overnight as our schedules are off.

I can extend my connection at London Heathrow, but don't know how the lounges are there vs AMS since I've never been able to go in the lounges before.

Love to hear some feedback! Thank you!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There are no overnight Priority Pass lounges in either LHR or AMS, and I believe all LHR and AMS PP lounges have a three hour limit. It will also depend on what airline you are flying as to whether or not you have access to any PP lounges at all.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Thank you for the reply. I think the longest layover I would have had would have been about 6 hours, so I'm sure I would have been okay with 3 hours.

But the whole trip has been cancelled as my wife's dad just had to have cpr performed on him. He had 2 strokes withing 2 days of each other 2 weeks ago and was starting to slowly climb out of it too--and now this.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:51 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by SamirD
Thank you for the reply. I think the longest layover I would have had would have been about 6 hours, so I'm sure I would have been okay with 3 hours.

But the whole trip has been cancelled as my wife's dad just had to have cpr performed on him. He had 2 strokes withing 2 days of each other 2 weeks ago and was starting to slowly climb out of it too--and now this.
Sorry to hear about this, my thoughts are with you, your family, and your dad.

If you take your trip in the future, the Aspire Lounges at AMS are fine, nothing special but perfectly functional. Schengen side is 5:30am-9:00pm and non-Schengen is 6:00am-11:30pm.

LHR really depends on your terminal. I do like the Plaza Premium lounge in T2 quite well. No1 in T3 is good, although you can be refused with PP due to crowding. T4 has a Plaza Premium lounge that is not as good as T2 and a decent SkyTeam lounge. Overall LHR is probably better than AMS for Priority Pass lounging as an activity, but figure out what terminal you're in and make sure that is a lounge you want to go to. AMS is certainly an easier connection on the whole.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.