Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions: 2 Weeks in Baltics / Ukraine / Vienna

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Suggestions: 2 Weeks in Baltics / Ukraine / Vienna

At the end of September, Mrs EkekoBWI and I will dust off our passports and take our first international trip in 5 years. This vacation will have us in the Baltics for a week, Ukraine (Kyiv and Lviv) for 4 days, and Vienna for 3 days. We have a good outline of the traditional places to see/go/do, but are wondering if there are some lesser known sites that are worth a visit.

We are both active and savvy when it comes to navigating the customs and cultures of large cities, having spent time in NYC, DC, and New Orleans. The only constraints are that my wife is a vegetarian and neither of us are big drinkers.

TIA.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC P25
Love kyiv and Lviv but 4 days doesn't leave much time. Things work more slowly there and surprises are everywhere. A day trip to Chornobyl from Kyiv was my top priority , then the caves then just wandering the city. 3 days minimum! But YMMV of course
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:14 pm

Don't know what exactly you mean by the "Baltics" (i.e. which specific places in Estonia / Lithuania / Latvia), but if you are at all interested in the Shoah (Holocaust), there is plenty to see all over the area. As well as the Soviet War Memorial in Schwarzenbach Platz in central Vienna.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
If you are staying in Tallinn, Estonia it is possible to take a day trip to Helsinki, Finland on the fast ferries (2 hours each way).
Probably not a good idea as you seem to have your days filled but just in case you find you have extra time in Tallinn and would like to see another city and country.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If you list the places and things you are already planning on visiting it will make things easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.