Search

9 days itinerary in November for First timer in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2016, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
9 days itinerary in November for First timer in Europe

Hi All,

This will be my first Europe trip and I know that I am late in planning this trip as I just got clarity on my leaves
I am planning this trip in November this year (24th Nov- 3rd Dec).
I am planning Paris (3-4 days) and then Italy for remaining days (Rome, Amalfi Coast and if possible Pisa).
So far I have thought of this itinerary:
Flying into CDG on 24th Nov, visit Paris for 4 days and flying out to Rome on 28th Nov. I am thinking day trips to Naples, Amalfi (1 day) and Pisa (1 day) and remaining days (almost 3 days) in Rome.
I want to cover all "touristy" landmarks in both the cities, not much into Art and museums. Want to visit for Amalfi coast and Pisa for Photo-ops.
I would have loved to get more time but I have limited leaves so can't get more than this.
Do you guys think it is doable? Also, to provide more information, I am flying from DAY/CVG and I am getting award flights to CDG and then from FCO to DAY.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I think it's doable if you drop Pisa from your list. You'd spend the better part of the day driving back and forth when what you should do is spend 2 days touring the Amalfi coast, staying overnight there.

That said, I think you're really squeezing a lot into your time in Italy either way. dont forget you'll spend half a day traveling between Paris and Rome too, counting your time in airports and airport transfers.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by JBord
I think it's doable if you drop Pisa from your list. You'd spend the better part of the day driving back and forth when what you should do is spend 2 days touring the Amalfi coast, staying overnight there.

That said, I think you're really squeezing a lot into your time in Italy either way. dont forget you'll spend half a day traveling between Paris and Rome too, counting your time in airports and airport transfers.
Thanks for your input, I will consider dropping PISA, will also see if I can get one more day by returning on 4th dec as that will give me an extra day to explore.
Also, if you have an idea, can you please tell me how Amalfi coast will be in November/Dec.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by animesh42001
...Also, if you have an idea, can you please tell me how Amalfi coast will be in November/Dec.
Most places (i.e. restaurants, hotels, etc.) will be closed and you'll have one chance in three to have cloudy skies and possibly rain.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:47 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I love Paris. But...

IME, Paris in November is likely to be cold, very grey, and lots of cold rain. brrrrrrr.....

Southern Europe is great in November. I greatly prefer Greece over Italy now.

BTW, it's not late planning right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.