Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Issues flying into N.Cyprus (ECN), departing Cyprus (LCA)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues flying into N.Cyprus (ECN), departing Cyprus (LCA)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:14 am

Hi I'm vacationing in AYT and there is a direct short flight to ECN. My flight then departs from LCA to CPH. I also have two passport (US & Japan) and am a resident of EU.

I realize technically you are not allowed to fly into ECN and out from LCA. However anyone have any experience with this ? I'm debating if I should cancel my flight and route myself to LCA via ATH.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by sunil
Hi I'm vacationing in AYT and there is a direct short flight to ECN. My flight then departs from LCA to CPH. I also have two passport (US & Japan) and am a resident of EU.

I realize technically you are not allowed to fly into ECN and out from LCA. However anyone have any experience with this ? I'm debating if I should cancel my flight and route myself to LCA via ATH.
I've done this multiple times, and have never had an issue either crossing from Northern Cyprus to the South, or departing at LCA,
I travel on a US passport.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by jaymar01
I've done this multiple times, and have never had an issue either crossing from Northern Cyprus to the South, or departing at LCA,
I travel on a US passport.
Thank you so much for sharing ! I'd love to know more about how you handled the border crossing and wether they stamp passports.

Sunil
Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by sunil
Thank you so much for sharing ! I'd love to know more about how you handled the border crossing and wether they stamp passports.

Sunil
Crossing the border on Ledra Street took about 3 minutes. You'll go thru two check points....one on the Northern (Turkish) side, and again at the Republic of Cyprus. Passport was not stamped. At LCA, I was asked why I didn't have an entry stamp, and I said I entered the North via ECN, and crossed into the South at the Ledra Street border crossing. I was just waived thru.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
ROC used to take a very dim view on those entering Cyprus from TRNC, and used to deny entry or impose penalties. This all changed after a 2004 UN imposed unity referendum in which TRNC voted in favour and ROC voted against. Since then ROC were pressured into opening up Green Line crossings and toning down their objections.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by jaymar01
Crossing the border on Ledra Street took about 3 minutes. You'll go thru two check points....one on the Northern (Turkish) side, and again at the Republic of Cyprus. Passport was not stamped. At LCA, I was asked why I didn't have an entry stamp, and I said I entered the North via ECN, and crossed into the South at the Ledra Street border crossing. I was just waived thru.
thank you so much , its very reassuring and well jeep our original plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.