Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Brussels budget tips? Eurostar to BRU overnight transfer.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels budget tips? Eurostar to BRU overnight transfer.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
No Easybus type options or locally known cheaper routes?
Yes, take a local train from Brussels Zuid/Midi to Brussels Noord/Nord (your Eurostar ticket is valid for this since both stations are within Brussels) and take a local bus operated by the Flemish bus company, De Lijn (#471 and maybe some other line as well). This costs you 3€ for a single ticket. But since only children younger than 6 travel free on that bus, the total price is not different enough from the train price to make it worth the extra time and hassle IMHO.

Another thing (but probably not that important in your case): for a 7:55 flight to MAD getting to BRU by 6:30 - 6:45 is early enough in most case. But it depends a bit on which airline you fly of course.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
So wait, you're taking the Eurostar from London to Brussels, to catch BRU-MAD-Far East the next morning, correct? What time is BRU-MAD?
Are you flying Cathay, AirChina or Korean?
Thanks to a rather special fare, I'm finally breaking my 20 year + boycott of Iberia.
http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/...o-and-shanghai

Moltes grŕcies, Koby! Good to know about the alternative bus route, even if la nena's then recent birthday will have made it a less attractive option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.