Wiki Posts
Search

Prague airport to city centre

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Prague airport to city centre

Which is the quickest way to get into town from Prague airport? and is it easy?
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by liamvad
Which is the quickest way to get into town from Prague airport? and is it easy?
Thanks in advance.
Taxi.

http://www.toandfromtheairport.com/prague.html
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:52 am
tyn

Taxi indeed.
Beware though that Prague taxi drivers are as a rule not to be trusted to play fair on the fare.
I usually have a car sent by the hotel where I am booked and find the cost to be quite cheap compared to what I am used to in my hometown Milan.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tyn
Taxi indeed.
Beware though that Prague taxi drivers are as a rule not to be trusted to play fair on the fare.
I usually have a car sent by the hotel where I am booked and find the cost to be quite cheap compared to what I am used to in my hometown Milan.
This is what I've done as well. I believe it costs more than a taxi, but you save the worry of arguing about the fare, which I've heard can be a problem in Prague. Since several shopkeepers there have tried to short-change me, I don't doubt it either.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: price is a king
UBER!
Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:36 pm
Suspended

https://www.prague-airport-transfers...hp?sekce=login

is what I used.

Better than having to negotiate with random taxi drivers, many of whom are really looking to fleece unsuspecting visitors and some of whom were upfront in asking for way more than even some hotel car services.

The above linked company charged me less than the car services advertised by four Prague hotels that are part of the big international hotel chains.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by GUWonder
https://www.prague-airport-transfers...hp?sekce=login

is what I used.

Better than having to negotiate with random taxi drivers, many of whom are really looking to fleece unsuspecting visitors and some of whom were upfront in asking for way more than even some hotel car services.

The above linked company charged me less than the car services advertised by four Prague hotels that are part of the big international hotel chains.
I just used them from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the train station and was extremely satisfied with their service and price (which was less then the hotel had quoted).
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL,EK
I have lived in Prague on and off for 13 years. Go to the AAA Taxi desk in the arrivals hall and they will arrange a taxi. It is about 700Kc to the IP Pavlova or Namesti Miru area. It'd be a bit less to Old Town, and a bit less still to Smichov or Mala Strana.

Never just grab a taxi on the street or in front of the airport or train station.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Thanks for all the replies,have booked online with Prague Airport transfers....cheers.^
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I also used them last year. We had a polite, English-speaking driver who arrived early and a clean car - we were very pleased with the rate and service.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Another vote for this. I have just them for about three years now.
You can see the drivers with their orange signs standing together near the exit door the moment you come out of the door after you walk past the customs area.

The prices for a Mercedes S or Mercedes E class car is rather good compared with elsewhere in the world; particular when you book their "sale price" on-line

You get a little Prague guide book as you arrive at your hotel. The drivers speak reasonable English, are polite and well-dressed.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:38 am

Take 119 bus to line "A" Metro/Subway station "NADRAZI VELESLAVIN" and from there anywhere in Prague. Costs 32 CZK - buy ticket in vending machine on the bus stop. Fast and cheap.
(works similar with bus no. 100 and AE - airport express) http://www.dpp.cz/en/public-transit-to-prague-airport/
http://www.dpp.cz/download-file/12471/airport_schem.pdf

Last edited by dmitrijsadlo; Apr 4, 2016 at 5:46 am
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
AAA is OK
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a cheap public bus service between the airport and the main train station.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's a cheap public bus service between the airport and the main train station.
That bus can be very crowded; and at least on the way to the airport, there are some crowds for that bus that are so large and with so much luggage that you could be waiting for quite some time to get the next such bus or the next, next, next such bus. I wouldn't suggest the bus if there is luggage that can't easily fit on your lap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.