Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

SIA to Easyjet "transfer" Schiphol

Old May 11, 2015, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks in advance for any replies.
I am flying into AMS on Singapore metal. 2 hours later I have an Easyjet flight to Stansted. I am going fully carry-on only. If I checkin online for Easyjet and have my boarding pass, can I stay Airside and just walk to the Easyjet gate for boarding? I am in J for Singapore and extra legroom on Easyjet so have 2 carry-on bags.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:22 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
You don't have to pass through immigration, but you will have to pass through security. The flight will be from the H-pier (minimum facility, for LCCs) so you'll wait in the main departures area until about 40 minutes before departure, then you can sharpen your elbows for the rush.

Your extra legroom seat will also get you priority boarding, which easyJet manage as a segregated queue. Do note the dimensions of your carry-ons (56 x 45 x 25cm for the 1st and 45 x 36 x 20cm for the 2nd) as it's quite expensive to gate-check luggage if they choose to enforce it strictly.

I like easyJet, but it (and Stansted arrivals) will feel like quite a culture shock after J on SQ!

2h is fairly tight, although Schiphol is a good airport for it to be tight in. IIRC, the SQ flight lands at one of the piers in Departures 3, which is near H, so that saves some of the longer walks in the airport. easyJet do have a 'flat tyre rule' if you miss your flight (albeit with a €36 fee).
Old May 11, 2015, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by stut
You don't have to pass through immigration, but you will have to pass through security. The flight will be from the H-pier (minimum facility, for LCCs) so you'll wait in the main departures area until about 40 minutes before departure, then you can sharpen your elbows for the rush.

Your extra legroom seat will also get you priority boarding, which easyJet manage as a segregated queue. Do note the dimensions of your carry-ons (56 x 45 x 25cm for the 1st and 45 x 36 x 20cm for the 2nd) as it's quite expensive to gate-check luggage if they choose to enforce it strictly.

I like easyJet, but it (and Stansted arrivals) will feel like quite a culture shock after J on SQ!

2h is fairly tight, although Schiphol is a good airport for it to be tight in. IIRC, the SQ flight lands at one of the piers in Departures 3, which is near H, so that saves some of the longer walks in the airport. easyJet do have a 'flat tyre rule' if you miss your flight (albeit with a €36 fee).
Does easyjet have you check in with your passport to verify docs and stamp your boarding pass? I know Ryanair does, and easyjet just did it to me in Agadir, but not in SXF.....
Old May 11, 2015, 9:05 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Does easyjet have you check in with your passport to verify docs and stamp your boarding pass? I know Ryanair does, and easyjet just did it to me in Agadir, but not in SXF.....
Not that I'm aware of. ISTR Morocco is a special case, due to the emigration procedures there (for all concerned...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.