Community
Wiki Posts
Search

European Bucket List translation help!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

European Bucket List translation help!

I am trying to translate the phrase “You are my bucket list” into multiple languages. In order to be accurate and not offend any cultures, if you speak any of these languages, could you please let me know if this is correct (or any edits)?

Thank you!

English : You are my bucket list
Spanish : Tú eres mi lista de deseos
Russian : Ты мой список ведра
German : Du bist mein Eimer Liste
Italian : Tu sei la mia lista di cucchiaio
Greek : Είστε λίστα κάδο μου
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
You may find that the phrase 'bucket list' has passed directly into one or more of those languages - or that the concept is called something else entirely.

In fact it does appear to be called a bucket list in German http://www.gluecksdetektiv.de/warum-...aben-solltest/ So the phrase you want is probably: sie sind mein bucket list (Sie is more polite than du which you wouldn't normally use with somebody you don't know).
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:36 pm

Don't, EVER, attempt to translate idiomatic phrases into another language word by word.

Google "equal goes it loose"...
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:37 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
As we don't allow threads to be cross-posted on Flyertalk, im going to close this one, as there's little value in splitting it up by continent. Please continue to follow this topic in the consolidated thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...tion-help.html

stut
Europe Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.