Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone here have VAT refund experience with Global Blue in Europe?

Does anyone here have VAT refund experience with Global Blue in Europe?

Old Jul 5, 19, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by tarunchatha View Post
Dear ,
I had a similar experience . My Credit Card company called me and asked if I want to allow this transaction from Global Blue and I refused ad Global Blue was trying to charge me the refund amount on my credit card . I'd completed everything that was required by Global Blue starting from stamping to dropping .

now that I've refused I was wondering what will happen the next time we go shopping and try to get a refund from Global Blue ? Would they be able to see this record by our Passport number or Credit Card number ? Hope we face no problem getting a refund from Global Blue again ??

Regards
If you read the fine print, you authorize them to charge your card. Why you should not send the form in by the airport but by certified mail.
Old Jul 11, 19, 3:59 pm

Is it better to take the Global Blue refund in cash or on the credit card?

I've heard many say go for the credit card refund because the cash refund rate is worse and you won't need Euros at the airport as your heading back home. However, I read the exchange rate is not favorable and charge 3-5% for putting it on a credit card using a different currency. Also, especially if do everything in the Berlin/VIE leg, I can use up the Euros later in Italy. That and someone in my family ends up going to Europe every year, so I don't mind taking the currency back home.

Last edited by EmpressRouge; Jul 14, 19 at 3:15 am
Old Sep 19, 22, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold
I just did it in Oslo, was easy. They took a huge cut but something beats nothing.
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:29 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, TP Gold, BAEC Silver
I've done it all through the app now and it's quite easy and quick. Scan the docs at the departing airport at those kiosques and you're good to go. On average, you only get 12% back from countries that have a 18-21% VAT rate. I've used this lately in France, Spain and Portugal. It's nice to live in Switzerland and not be part of the EU
Old Oct 1, 22, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by enelym1978 View Post
I've done it all through the app now and it's quite easy and quick. Scan the docs at the departing airport at those kiosques and you're good to go. On average, you only get 12% back from countries that have a 18-21% VAT rate. I've used this lately in France, Spain and Portugal. It's nice to live in Switzerland and not be part of the EU
After Global Blue took its cut and plus dynamic currency conversion for returning funds to a credit card, I got back 14.21469% in Norway. Out of 25% VAT. So Global Blue's cut was 43.14123%.

Last edited by slickvik; Oct 1, 22 at 8:22 pm

Search this Thread