Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

public transport in Zurich on Christmas Day?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program

Dear all,

A question for a you experts....

Does public transport run on Xmas day in Zurich?

The background being that my sister in law is a flight attendant and has a 3 day layover in Zurich with Xmas day being her free day.

I was hoping to send my wifey over there as a surprise (we don't celebrate Xmas) so that the pair of them can catch up and see each other.

Need to act quickly before the prices jump.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I'd have a look at the Swiss board plus the Europe section in the destinations section
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yes, public transport runs on Christmas day in Zurich.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA ExecPlat, TK Elite
On Christmas Day it is the standard "Sunday/Holiday Schedule". There are even some additions like late night bus and train services.
For travel between the airport and city centre, there will always be a connection every 15 mins.
Where is your wife and sister in law staying? A hotel near the airport perhaps?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Thanks for the update. Last thing I wanted was for the pair of them to be stuck in some dingy crew hotel with no transport.

No idea which hotel they are staying yet but am assuming it will be something near the airport.

Is it safe to assume most tourist things will be shut that day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.