Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Keukenhof/tulips

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Analise
Is there a link for a weekday schedule for Bus 50 that goes between Keukenhof and Haarlem? I may spend more time at Keukenhof and want to go directly to Haarlem instead of via Leiden. I want to see when buses leave. Thanks.
You can check all public transport schedules and pricing here.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
You can check all public transport schedules and pricing here.
I used that link but I want to see a complete weekday schedule of bus 50 between Keukenhof and Haarlem on one page. Maybe I'm missing something but where do I find Bus 50's schedule including all stops for an entire day?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
In Dutch, here, from page 96.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
In Dutch, here, from page 96.
Fantastic! That's exactly what I want as it seems to have all of the buses I'm considering based on how long I stay at Keukenhof. Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:00 pm
DNA

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Grouchy
While in Amsterdam you also might consider a canal tour.
Regarding the cheesemarket: you might have to plan this for a particular day as there is one iirc every friday in Alkmaar (north of Amsterdam) and one every thursday in Gouda (southeast of Noordwijk/Leiden).
If you visit the Cheesemarket in Gouda you might spend the day there or consider a visit to Delft or Leiden as they are pretty close by and close to Noordwijk.

Also somewhat different and close to Amsterdam: Fortress city of Naarden.
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
Please note that Wednesday April 27 is King's Day (celebration of the King's birthday) which is a national holiday in the Netherlands. The country turns into one big garage sale and street party. Partying will be especially heavy in the larger towns and cities. Not a good day to come to Amsterdam if you don't like huge crowds.
Great, thanks for the suggestions and especially for the heads up re: King's Day! More planning...
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DNA
We are heading to Norway+Netherlands in the last week of April. Will be renting an apartment in Noordwijk and a VW Polo for 4 days. Would like to travel around a little bit, visit Amsterdam (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum), flower fields+Keukenhof, and the rest is wide open. A cheese market is on the list too.

Would appreciate tips and suggestions
Here are some photos that may give you a preview before your trip:
https://stefanofoto.smugmug.com/Europe/Netherlands

and

https://stefanofoto.smugmug.com/Trav...-Bloemen-Route
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:13 am

Getting to Keukenhof early made the difference. It was sunny and absolutely beautiful. But the crowds certainly did come and I can only imagine how much worse it must be on weekends. The combi-ticket was not accepted to go to Haarlem which annoyed me given how Keukenhof advertises it. In fact, one of the bus drivers said he hears from angry tourists all the time and it frustrated him that Keukenhof falsely advertises and thus puts him in the position to deal with frustrated visitors. I left the garden around 12:15 and was the only the person on the bus to Leiden so he talked about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.