Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Pricing to Europe - Waiting Game

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, HH, IHG
Smile Summer Pricing to Europe - Waiting Game

OK friends - new to FT, so please let me know if this post does not belong here but could use some expert advice on this torturing waiting game. Trying to play with ITA with crazy allowable routes, multi stops etc and not sure what to do next...Gold on US & Gold on AA, want to take fam of 4 to Europe in June like everyone else! I refuse to spend 120K miles per and can't locate anything under $1,400 for a decent route. Can go into anywhere LHR/CDG/BRU/AMS/ZRH/FRA.
So far I found..
CLTYYZ 6/10-11 or 12 with xYYZDUB on AC (rouge) xDUBLHR
return
ZRHYYZ xYYZCLT 6/27
for $975 - Because it's AC (and US/AA no longer OneWorld) my status has no value, so back of bus, no priority board, lugg fees etc.

Since it's still Feb - when are the carriers going to start 'fighting' a bit so I don't have to drop 1/2 my budget on a ride over the pond?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jpschoubert
Since it's still Feb - when are the carriers going to start 'fighting' a bit so I don't have to drop 1/2 my budget on a ride over the pond?
They won't - if you see a price that's doable to you, go for it.
These days, $975 to Europe in June is pretty good.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: EMT-P
If you don't already monitor it, watch the Mileage Run Deals forum. That is where a lot of amazing fares (that don't have to be used just for MR) are first discussed. Otherwise, $975 sounds pretty reasonable for June.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! AC rouge is only for 6.5 hours, so prob worth the suffering. Brand new 787 on the ZRH-YYZ so will look forward to that 😀 thanks
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:12 pm

I've been watching prices since October and got lucky last Thurs on cheapoair: $707 PHX to CDG.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Wow that is insanely good? What month? Was it hit miss or were you tipped off by a MR post or something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.