Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Warsaw

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Hotels in Warsaw

I just got a new job and will be traveling to Warsaw a lot. I'd like to stay in fairly inexpensive hotels near the city center (or in Pelcowizna, where I will be working) that will enable me to earn a lot of points I can use around the world for free hotel stays. I'm not currently part of any points programs, but spend a lot of time in the US as well.

Any suggestions about where to stay?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:53 pm

First, welcome to FlyerTalk!

I cannot give any Warsaw hotel recommendations, but I would recommend that you apply for a few of the very good hotel credit cards (which give lots of bonus points, typically after you complete a minimum spend on the cards). Here are two current offers to get you started:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...n-renewal.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...club-visa.html

Best of luck to you.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:29 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
2xoplm, welcome to FlyerTalk. Please follow the thread on its move to the Europe forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:08 am

Hi, Pelcowizna is strictly heavy business area so there are only simple B&B in area and it's not good for extended stay.

Chain hotels are mostly in city center on the other side of Vistula. I would try IBIS hotel on Muranowska 2 street. This hotel is part of Accor group, nice location close (but not too close) to the Old Town and parks.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
The Marriott opposite the main rail station is great. The best hotel breakfast buffet I've experienced on any continent. Best of all, when you're inside the Marriott, you don't have to look at the Marriott on the skyline!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:06 am

First, tell us what is 'inexpensive' for you, how're you going to move to/from office and what will be duration of your stay - I'll try to help you to find something nice.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Yeah, I would definitely stay on the other side of the river and just commute. Learn to treat the Arcadia shopping mall as your second home (+New Town/Old Town), find a hotel in the area (like that Ibis hotel mentioned above), and just take public transport or a cab to work.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: *G
The best and easiest redemptions are through hotels.com

It also allows you to be brand agnostic and try out different places.

If on a budget, and for extended stays, try platinum residence next to Hilton. More room, more privacy, fast and reliable connectivity.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 6:46 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I'm a fan of the IC there. It's next to the train station, next to a mall and the RA benefits are great.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by jason8612
I'm a fan of the IC there. It's next to the train station, next to a mall and the RA benefits are great.
Do they still have that good Mexican restaurant there or am I looking too far into the past?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:31 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by aster
Do they still have that good Mexican restaurant there or am I looking too far into the past?
I never noticed a Mexican restaurant there. I don't think it's there anymore.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Can recommend the Intercontinental in Emilii Plater. Great views, smack in the center, 2 minutes walking to the main railway station and a very good shopping mall. Become a member of the IHG program and take part in their promotions, this can get you very far ijn terms of free nights. Plus, invest in an Ambassador membership for 200$; this gives you a room upgrade every time, a gift (was a nice bottle of red in my case), free high speed internet etc. Pays back within a couple of stays.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Don't go for IC if you're looking at extended stays, though. For any other InterContinental Hotels Group hotel (Holiday Inn, HI Express, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo...) you get 10 points per dollar spent. With IC, it's 2000 points per stay, fixed. Great deal for multiple short stays, bummer for long term stays.

There used to be a Holiday Inn in Warsaw very close to the IC, I'm not sure if it's still there, though...
Old Dec 29, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by hdogan
There used to be a Holiday Inn in Warsaw very close to the IC, I'm not sure if it's still there, though...
This place has closed. There's only a Holiday Inn Express near Warsaw airport, in a very strange location....
Old Dec 29, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Way back in the 70's I visited two most central hotels, the Forum highrise and the Metropol across the street. I think the Forum is now a Novotel. Do they have any status amongst Warsaw hotels nowadays? What about the price level of these?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.