FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe-477/)
-   -   Interested in cheap dental care in Turkey? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1469941-interested-cheap-dental-care-turkey.html)

theturkish May 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Interested in cheap dental care in Turkey?

Here in Turkey we have cheap and quality dental clinics. I had many friends from Europe who had dental care services in Antalya. Cheaper than Europe and i think from U.S.A.
These clinics also cover expenses for transfer from airport and accommodation, and some of them cover city sightseeing tours.

ToGo May 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Cheaper than Europe
Sorry many People from Austria driving to Hungary or Slovakia for that Service.
1) Its cheaper than a flight
2) the Speak German

theturkish May 25, 2013 6:54 am

Originally Posted by ToGo (Post 20806679)
Sorry many People from Austria driving to Hungary or Slovakia for that Service.
1) Its cheaper than a flight
2) the Speak German

Hello,
It would be better asking prices to me before you go to Hungary or Slovakia. Maybe we can provide cheaper service. :)
And speaking German is not a problem here.
Thank you ^

pinks May 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Easier for people in the U.S. to go to Mexico.

ToGo May 31, 2013 5:00 pm

or Thailand!
I was last year in Bangkok and me Teeth hurt so much. I ask the Hotelstuff and the give me a Adress from a good Dental Clinic next to the Hotel. It was very Cheap an i pay it myself.

mirsald Jul 1, 2013 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by pinks (Post 20844784)
Easier for people in the U.S. to go to Mexico.

about 750,000 Americans travel to other countries on health services, and those who need dental services, go to Mexico's, savings are about 50 - 70%.
Only Los Algodones has 400 dentists and only 4000 inhabitants

geirfugl Sep 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by theturkish (Post 20806388)
Here in Turkey we have cheap and quality dental clinics. I had many friends from Europe who had dental care services in Antalya. Cheaper than Europe and i think from U.S.A.
These clinics also cover expenses for transfer from airport and accommodation, and some of them cover city sightseeing tours.

Very,very few turkish health profesionals speak good enough engliish to treat a foreign pasient. I live in Turkey and speak Turkish,-but I would not have any serious medical procedures carried out in Turkey,bcs my turkish is only up to a lenghty normal conversation,not inquiering abouth medical matters.
It is however much better than the English of the "interpreters" (realy a nurse who hapens to speak a few words of English),that private Turkish hospitals provide for non Turkish patients.

Then there is the question abouth the Turkish doctors liability for any mistakes,then,then,then.

Then there is ofcs the fact that Turks that can aford it generally go abroad for medical treatment,-maybe a tiny pointer to the generall quality???

Medical tourism to Turkey,-please take my advice and FORGET it.

Turkey is basically a nice country to visit,but it is a culture where very,very few people care abouth the quality of the services they provide,-which in the medical profesion is kind of important, particularly when its extremely hard for a foreigner withouth contacts to have recourse to legal action if anything should go wrong.

geirfugl Sep 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by theturkish (Post 20808970)
Hello,
It would be better asking prices to me before you go to Hungary or Slovakia. Maybe we can provide cheaper service. :)
And speaking German is not a problem here.
Thank you ^

Methinks,maybe your brother is a dentist ?? Methinks,Hungary is a member of the EU,-with rocourse to legal action!!

airambulance1 Sep 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by geirfugl (Post 21493206)
Very,very few turkish health profesionals speak good enough engliish to treat a foreign pasient. I live in Turkey and speak Turkish,-but I would not have any serious medical procedures carried out in Turkey,bcs my turkish is only up to a lenghty normal conversation,not inquiering abouth medical matters.
It is however much better than the English of the "interpreters" (realy a nurse who hapens to speak a few words of English),that private Turkish hospitals provide for non Turkish patients.

Then there is the question abouth the Turkish doctors liability for any mistakes,then,then,then.

Medical tourism to Turkey,-please take my advice and FORGET it.

Turkey is basically a nice country to visit,but it is a culture where very,very few people care abouth the quality of the services they provide,-which in the medical profesion is kind of important, particularly when its extremely hard for a foreigner withouth contacts to have recourse to legal action if anything should go wrong.

is this a bad time to bring up the movie, 'Midnight Express'

geirfugl Sep 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by airambulance1 (Post 21493285)

It is,but I get your point. However much I love many turks,you have to understand that the waste majority do not give a .... abouth how they do their work,which is a quality I tend to awoid in a doctor or dentist!!!

geirfugl Sep 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by airambulance1 (Post 21493285)

It is,but I get your point. However much I love many turks,you have to understand that the waste majority do not give a .... abouth how they do their work,which is a quality I tend to awoid in a doctor or dentist!!!

Anyway,-I would be very,very sceptical abouth using a medical praticioner who were selling his services by providing free sightseeing tours in any country!!!

DavidHatt Sep 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Thank you for providing information about medical services in Turkey. I have heard many good things about medical services in Turkey. Even cosmetic procedures.

David