Search

Bank for fee free ATM in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Silver, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Bank for fee free ATM in Europe

Hello again!

Looking to join a bank for fee free ATM withdrawals in Europe.

I have read that PNC bank will do it as well as Schwab.

Any others anyone knows of? Or anyone with experience with PNC or Schwab?

I live in N.Carolina, so some other fee free banks are not an option with my residence. I also have no ties to join any credit unions.

Thanks for any help!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by wishfulthinking
Hello again!

Looking to join a bank for fee free ATM withdrawals in Europe.

I have read that PNC bank will do it as well as Schwab.

Any others anyone knows of? Or anyone with experience with PNC or Schwab?

I live in N.Carolina, so some other fee free banks are not an option with my residence. I also have no ties to join any credit unions.

Thanks for any help!
BofA belongs to a group that allows no fee withdrawals at certain bank ATMs gobally. In Europe, Deutche Bank, PNP Paribas, Barclay's, and an Italian bank particpate in the program. I want to say the agreement is called "the cash group" but I'm not certain. It is listed on the BofA website in the "fees" section. It's quite good. The exchange rate used is pretty close to the market trading rate. Also, a lot of credit unions have very low fees compared to traditional banks when withdrawing from a foreign ATM. Just make sure the ATM card participates in a global network like Cirrus or Maestro. And I think almost anyone can join a credit union now. The restrictions have been greatly reduced for joining one.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:20 am
Suspended

Hey i use tha Bawag: http://www.bawagpsk.com/BAWAG/PK/KK/...nen_Blick.html
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i use etrade, no atm fee. 1% over bank rate for withdrawal. $1000 or $2500 daily limit for cash(forgot which.) one can draw from cash in account, or from margin.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: MUCCI
This really is a USA thread, not a Europe thread.

It is about banking offerings in the USA (I'm guessing) for use in Europe.

Contributors and visitors to this section will come from all over the world, including inside many different European countries. Only the subset who are based in the USA will know about this.

Whereas, plenty of contributors to a USA section, even thouse not currently considering/interested in travel to Europe will know about banking offerings in the USA that might have features you are interested in.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: *G
i live in europe and maintain a schwab usa checking account that reimburses all atms fees worldwide
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by David-A
This really is a USA thread, not a Europe thread.

It is about banking offerings in the USA (I'm guessing) for use in Europe.

Contributors and visitors to this section will come from all over the world, including inside many different European countries. Only the subset who are based in the USA will know about this.

Whereas, plenty of contributors to a USA section, even thouse not currently considering/interested in travel to Europe will know about banking offerings in the USA that might have features you are interested in.
+1

I might also add that Capital One 360 (nče ING Electric Orange) does not charge fees for using any ATM or for foreign transactions with the debit card. However, the ATM itself may impose a surcharge and Mastercard foreign transaction fees apply for debit card usage. It is not totally clear whether an ATM withdrawal in a foreign currency incurs a conversion charge.
This is basically all the info they provide on their website: http://helpcenter.capitalone360.com/...tegory=EOCARD1

If you decide to open this account, PM me first, as I may be able to give you a referral that benefits both of us.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by ToGo
Which Model ?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 3:59 am
Suspended

I use an old Contract. In Austria there are no Fees for get Money from any ATM in € Zone.
You pay just for a "Buchungszeile" Google Translate it in "booking line" but i belive there is a similar word in UK.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
B of A:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_ATM_Alliance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.