Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Turkey visa (pre e-visa)

Turkey visa (pre e-visa)

Old Mar 25, 13, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Another vote for visa on arrival.

Crisp US $20 stuck in the passport and you're on the way.

We were there in Jan (so low season) took literally 30 seconds.

It's on the right hand side as you're walking toward passport control and is very clearly marked as per the photo.
Old Apr 7, 13, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Can one get a business (not work) visa on arrival? I recall that they do issue these just like tourist visas but the Turkish consulate website is not clear on this and my firm's immigration lawyers say it must be obtained in advance.
Old Sep 3, 13, 6:40 pm

Programs: VAG
Stupid question: do they give change?

As an Australian I apparently have to pay a (ripoff, but apparently tit-for-tat) $US60 or 45 euros. My current stash of foreign cash includes insufficient USD and only a 100 euro note.

I also read in one place that it's necessary to pre-apply online before departure, but every other source says it isn't. Can anyone who has been there recently confirm?
Old Sep 4, 13, 5:14 am

They claim that they don't give change, but sometimes a kind official will give change anyway (but, obviosly, don't count it).

I think that you can pay by credit card at the point of entry now (certainly at Atatürk Airport in Istanbul), which avoids the problem of currencies and change.
Old Sep 15, 13, 10:16 am

Programs: DL, UA, US, AA, HHonors, Club Carlson, Kimpton
My parents are traveling to Istanbul for one night and I told them they need to get the visa at the airport. As I was looking through the internets I came across a Turkey e-Visa program. So I guess you are also now able to apply and pay for your tourist visa online. All you would have to do is print off the confirmation page with the bar code. Still the $20 USD fee.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
Old Sep 16, 13, 11:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Miles & Smiles (TK0) and others
Originally Posted by Efilon87 View Post
My parents are traveling to Istanbul for one night and I told them they need to get the visa at the airport. As I was looking through the internets I came across a Turkey e-Visa program. So I guess you are also now able to apply and pay for your tourist visa online. All you would have to do is print off the confirmation page with the bar code. Still the $20 USD fee.

Thank you, I bookmarked this. Even so, it's a 5-minute process when you're entering IST off-season. Buying it at the airport might be faster than printing the pass.

I love the pictures they used at the site. I recognized Mt. Nemrud, Butterfly Valley and Princes Island. What's the second pic with the statue? Is that Ephesus?
Old Sep 20, 13, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Efilon87 View Post

That's what I used last July. I just showed the print out of my visa when I arrived in IST and everything was fine. I know people say you don't have to wait much to get the visa on arrival, but it was even better not to have to wait at all!
Old Sep 20, 13, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I traveled to IST in May. I got an evisa. Piece of cake. Especially when I saw the long, long line for visa on arrival. I frankly would go for the evisa.
Old Apr 28, 14, 5:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Priority Pass, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by JoelA View Post
Another vote for visa on arrival.
Crisp US $20 stuck in the passport and you're on the way.
We were there in Jan (so low season) took literally 30 seconds.
Effective April 10, visas will no longer be available upon arrival at Turkish airports.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...pr-2014-a.html for the new information.

Last edited by JDiver; May 2, 14 at 2:33 pm Reason: add link
Old May 6, 14, 4:21 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
I have been there twice in the last twelve months, and although the line at the visa window may not be that long or take time, if you happen to hit it when a plane or two are arriving the passport line will swell. And both times, the airport was extremely busy. So I do endorse doing it online in advance so you can go straight to the passport line.

Anyone know if for US citizens you can get a long term multiple entry visa?
Old May 18, 14, 4:33 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
sorry

Search this Thread
Search Engine: