Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Pass sale

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Plat
Swiss Pass sale

Half-price promotion on Swiss passes if you purchase through Rail Europe by May 5th. Good for the 8-day pass, or the 3-days-in-one-month pass (either first or second class). The pass must be used within 6 months of purchase.

http://www.raileurope.com/rail-ticke...ale/index.html

We don't have children; can we take advantage of this? It appears to be directed at families traveling with children, but based on the description it looks like what you get is a Swiss Pass plus a Swiss Family Card for your children. When I put the pass in my "cart" it just asks for the names of the two adults. So it seems we could buy this without having children. But would we be able to use the pass?

We've bought the Swiss Pass several times, each time we've validated the pass at Zurich airport station, or at the Hauptbahnhof on a later date.

I suppose the risk would be that the station agent could refuse to validate the passes without children present. I doubt the conductors on the trains would have an issue with your children not being with you on a particular train.

This price is significantly less than the price for a saver pass for two.

Would love to hear from anyone who bought this discounted family pass during last year's promotion.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: flyertalk
swiss family discount

i spoke to an agent and she said its only for family. I think its unfair to have so low prices and cant use it. Do let me know if you have any additional information on this offer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.