Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Internet kiosks at LIS all inoperative: scam or no?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"

I tried one of them and it didn't work. I saw three others try the same thing at the same kiosk. It ate the 1E coins and did nothing. Yes I did tell them of my experience before they tried it. Then a woman told me that she had seen the same from two more, on the mezzanine departures level.

Bad maintenance, or now, a Schiphol-phone style scam?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:29 pm

I doubt it's a scam. If you've already got the computers up and running, the cost of actually providing internet services isn't very much. Plus, the scam would be short lived.

It's most likely they're just knackered.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
It's portuguese maintenance at its best. Since you're CO Plat, there are internet terminals in the TP lounge. Use those. .
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:08 pm

I have never managed to get a free (there are some) or for coin internet station to work in any airport in the world (in the terminal public areas that is -- the ones in lounges and actual business centers work.)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:56 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the FT Europe Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.