Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Istanbul basics

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 3:59 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
looking to go to IST for 2 nights in late september. trying to stay some where in sultanahmet district walking distance from the blue mosque and ayasophia.

any suggestions on decent places to stay, a room safe would be great, as I have expensive electronics. also is there a place in the airport to keep my bags for those 2 or 3 days. as I don't wanna carry them around. and my final destination is BEY for a month.
Old May 24, 2011, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cdepks
Speaking of immigration, is anything needed other than $20 US and your passport? I thought I read somewhere that you needed a photo, do you?
Originally Posted by Christopher
No, I don't believe so. Certainly you didn't need a separate photograph when I was last there in mid-2010.
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Just went through the immigration at IST, only need the fee ($20 US) for the entrance visa. Apparently they also accept credit card.
No photo needed, this is another of those horrid "we can scam the tourists for $20" ripoffs.

You need to first stand in the VISA line, and then go to the immigration desks - many people when we were there didn't see the VISA lines. The way we came into the immigration hall the VISA line was beyond the immigration line and not easily seen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.