Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt (FRA) Connection Questions - Switching Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Frankfurt (FRA) Connection Questions - Switching Airlines

Hello!
I am travelling from Denver to Prague next month, with a connection in Frankfurt (FRA). I have not purchased the Frankfurt-Prague ticket yet, because I'm not sure how much time I need to make the connection:

American Airlines flight arrives FRA at 7:20AM (Terminal 1)
Czech Airlines flight (not codeshare) departs FRA at 9:25AM (Terminal 2)

Since I am switching airlines, do I need to pick up baggage and go through customs? Or will they just route my bags through? I also hear about a "transfer desk" in Terminal 1 that you can get your boarding pass for your next flight w/o having to go through security again. Would that apply in my case?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:26 am

Hi Johnny,

As you're arriving from outside the EU and continue on another carrier, you have to pass immigration and customs in Frankfurt. First you have to pass immigration, which shouldn't take longer than 10-15 min. Unless you travel with only a carry-on bag, expect at least 10-20 more minutes for your bags to be delivered to baggage claim. After picking up your bags you have to clear customs, usually you walk right through the green channel (if you don't habe anything to declare). Now, head towards Skyrail (as indicated by several blue signs). Your way from customs to the Skyrail station is approx. a 5 min. walk. The trains depart every 3 minutes. The ride from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 lasts approx. 2 minutes. Deboard and find your way to the OK check-in desk (Terminal 2 - Section E). Get your boaring pass / check-in bags, pass security checkpoint and you are on your way to the gate. I would say, if your AA flights is on time and everything wents "like normal", you should have no problem to catch your connecting flight. Prague is awsome! Have a great trip. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.