Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best Hotels and deal for AMS in july

Old Apr 22, 10, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus

Greetings. I am new to this part of flyertalk. I am planning a trip to AMS in early July and I have NO clue about the city and where to stay. I generally am a Hotel princess and like nice places like four seasons. Can anyone suggest great places to stay that are offering deals for that time period (july1-6) thank you so much in advance.
Old Apr 22, 10, 2:45 pm

Location: FRA - IHG Platinum AMB / HH Gold / SPG Gold / BA Gold / TK Gold / LH SEN / DL Gold / AZ Elite+ -> www.stopflyingeconomy.com
Hi there,

You would like to stay at Damrak or Leidseplein. This is in the middle of everything. Room rates in AMS are always high, so expect to spend at least 150 € per night. The Marriott is ideally located or try NH Krasnapolsky. Not Four Season like but the location is perfect. You may try your luck on Priceline (5*, Theater District, around $80 - $100) You can pay for an upgrade at the Krasnapolsy. It's about 25 €.

If you have further questions, feel free to PM me as this is unfortunately the wrong thread to ask for this :O)

Have fun in AMS... just returned last weekend

Last edited by servus; Apr 22, 10 at 2:50 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 22, 10, 5:10 pm

I enjoy Hotel Nadia.

Hotel Nadia is not extremely fancy, but I love the location and the rooms. It is also safe and secure. They have a great breakfast included each morning. The hotel stairway is quite steep and the rooms can be small, but I love the character of this place! Great staff too!
Old Apr 22, 10, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I Pricelined the Nh Amsterdam Centre for $75 ($88 with taxes and fees)/nt at the end of July. I've heard you can get the Krasnapolsy sometimes for an $80-90 bid. The former is near the museums and Vondelpark and the latter is right on Dam Square. Both great locations, with the Krasnapolsy about 750 meters from the train station and the Nh about 1800 meters.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Apr 22, 10 at 8:05 pm
Old Apr 23, 10, 2:25 pm

Check out - amsterdamcanalapartments.com

I have used them in the past and they have 3 really nice apartments for rent on a daily basis, and you get a price break if you book for a week.

They are in the centrum, two bridges walk to the Kransnapolsky

They are very close to the first stop of the metro from Centraal Station
Old Apr 24, 10, 12:16 pm

The prices of AMS hotels have gone up up up. Both because of rising rates and because of the exchange rate. But there is hope.

Now the Hotel Nadia (and I am not knocking the advice given here----but the economics has changed). Its very well reviewed hotel But its a very basic 2*. Sits on a noisy busy street and has the stairs from hadies. And has noise issues inside from the noise outside especially if you get a room in front. And the worst stairs in all of Amsterdam.

So for less $$$ than this 2* Nadia you could be in a very nice 4* for about that $75 USD that has been mentioned (plus tax and fee) Priceline Name Your Own Price Bidding is by far the best deal you will get these days. Nothing else comes close.

Its zone #2 on PL the Center-Museum District you want to bid on.

Some dates are worse than others. Weekends are worse than week day. But you should be able to score a great hotel for a fraction of the normal cost.

Check out reviews on TripAdvisor (or any other review site) for the 4* NH Amsterdam Center (not 3* NH City Center) and the Movenpick. These are the two most likely hotels ,based on recent posts, that you will get if you bid on a 4*.

Good Luck

Doc

Last edited by ReconDoc; Apr 24, 10 at 3:15 pm
Old Apr 24, 10, 2:28 pm

you could try http://www.hotels.nl/amsterdam/ibiswestcorner , I will be there in may and for double room for 3 nights is about 250eur
Old Apr 25, 10, 10:38 am

Programs: Skyteam elite, One world Emerald
if the OP is looking for a four seasons-level hotel there are not that many options.

IC Amstel Hotel (slightly out of the centre but favored by all the A-list celebs that come into town) is showing daily rates of 400+ Euro a night for that period.

the Dylan and Seven One Seven are two nice upscale properties in the center, but prices for that period are upwards of 250 euro a night.

it might be worthwhile to check prices on these properties, as I only did a quick search for these places so there might be better deals to be had.
Old Apr 26, 10, 9:53 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fibbersfan View Post
Hotel Nadia is not extremely fancy, but I love the location and the rooms. It is also safe and secure. They have a great breakfast included each morning. The hotel stairway is quite steep and the rooms can be small, but I love the character of this place! Great staff too!
^ Strangely enough, I like the Nadia too..... four stays. (It is a very European style though). Going in June and he gave us a great (!!!) discount on a canal side room - I find that side of the hotel very quiet. And the location is great - a half block from a Tram stop. Wonderful little restaurant at the end of the street. It certainly isn't 4* but the return welcome is worth it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: