Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Cappadocia, Turkey

Cappadocia, Turkey

Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:48 pm

Not to create a new topic - I'll resurrect this one. How is driving in Cappadocia in winter? I am fairly accustomed to winter driving (in a regular car), but that assumes roads in reasonable condition (perhaps not fully scrubbed, but at least free of thick snow cover).

Trying to figure out whether an SUV is a requirement. Would prefer a small car (both for price and lower liability) - but only if it's reasonable.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:09 am

May be should have created a new topic
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by br2k
Not to create a new topic - I'll resurrect this one. How is driving in Cappadocia in winter? I am fairly accustomed to winter driving (in a regular car), but that assumes roads in reasonable condition (perhaps not fully scrubbed, but at least free of thick snow cover).

Trying to figure out whether an SUV is a requirement. Would prefer a small car (both for price and lower liability) - but only if it's reasonable.
Cappadocia does get a a little winter snow, but it generally doesn't stay around long. If you can handle the rigors of driving in 40 degree weather, then a small car is the way to go.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by jaymar01
Cappadocia does get a a little winter snow, but it generally doesn't stay around long. If you can handle the rigors of driving in 40 degree weather, then a small car is the way to go.
Great, thank you! Sounds like it's well within the conditions I've seen before.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:11 am

Cappadocia has one of the best landscape in the world, this region attracts many photographers, honeymoon couples and wedding planners. Everyone tries to get the best photo shoots to make their special event unforgettable. Make sure to bring a nice camera and suitable dress to get the best out of Cappadocia.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:34 am

Got a good sense of what to expect. Will be going in Cappadocia in June and I just might trade up one day in Istanbul for another day in Cappadocia.

Planning to stay somewhere Gereme. Is there anything to do at night?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: HH, IHG
We're looking to do same, but in August. I realize it'll be hotter than heck. I'm thinking since were only there for 2 nights, renting a car will help save time / add flexibility. I'm thinking the night life will just be a few places to eat / drink.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.