Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad new routes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2009, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Etihad new routes

Etihad Airways will begin services from Abu Dhabi home-base to Cape Town on 30 September 2009.

The new Cape Town flights will operate via Etihad’s current daily, Airbus A330, service to Johannesburg.

http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...wsListing=true
Old Aug 5, 2009, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Hyderabad

Hyderabad four times a week from November 2009, daily from the start of 2010. A320 120+20
Source: EY
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:53 am

When will Etihad add Mauritius as a destination? They have Seychelles but no Mauritius any one know when?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium
Hong Kong?

I have been emailing EY asking them to fly to HKG but with no response. Anyone know someone in the company whom I can write to? Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:46 pm

Etihad will be serving Tripoli Libya as soon as the NATO "no fly zone" is lifted. Apparently the UAE is one of the major supporters of the new Libyan government.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:03 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Originally Posted by lky001
I have been emailing EY asking them to fly to HKG but with no response. Anyone know someone in the company whom I can write to? Thanks.
You might want to try James Hogan?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:42 am

"For the coming year, it's likely Etihad will start to increase its presence in both North and South America as these two continents have not yet seen any saturation in traffic coming from or going to the Middle East. And in both cases, services between the Americas and the GCC is limited," he told Gulf News, adding that this will be a "core focus point" for Etihad throughout 2012.
http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...rowth-1.966415
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:27 am

Is Etihad likely to increase it's presence in the UK this year, such as further capacity increases to LHR,MAN, and or open up new routes to BHX, EDI ?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:29 am

Why no CCU? It's the only significant city in the subcontinent that it doesn't fly to.

It's true that EK has 2 flights/day, and QR flies there too, but it's not like there's no competition at other airports.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:27 am

Is Etihad likely to increase it's presence in the UK this year, such as further capacity increases to LHR,MAN, and or open up new routes to BHX, EDI
LHR will see the larger B777-300 on one of the 3 daily flights:

http://airlineroute.net/2012/01/06/ey-lhr-jul12/

Manchester is scheduled to go 3 daily soon:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...in-manchester-

And Manchester has also been tipped as an A380 destination, but, cant fond the source at the moment (it is out there).
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:55 pm

Hi everyone. Newbie here

Is it true that EY is interested in mounting flights to CEB? I came across a site that states EY is planning to launch flights to CEB this year together with another gulf airline.

Etihad declares Manila busiest route
Third busiest for its route Network

January 23, 2012

UAE - Abu Dhabi based Etihad Airways disclosed Manila to be one of the airline's busiest route sector next to London and Bangkok as it recorded 8.29 million passengers flown in 2011, a 17 percent increase from the previous year.

Etihad operates double daily schedule out of Manila using its biggest plane, the Boeing 777-300ER. It plans to launch flight direct to Cebu this year together with another gulf Airline. Only Qatar airways serve the port of Cebu.

SOURCE
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
EY is supposed to start flying to CCU from mid February, using an A320 I believe.

Can someone tell me what kind of Business Class seat they will use ? Does this aircraft have good IFE ?

How is the Business Class food/service generally on these 4.5 hour flights ?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
EY is supposed to start flying to CCU from mid February, using an A320 I believe.

Can someone tell me what kind of Business Class seat they will use ? Does this aircraft have good IFE ?

How is the Business Class food/service generally on these 4.5 hour flights ?
I have no personal experience of this flight, but then no one does because the flights haven't started yet. I have flown on this plane between AUH and DEL/BOM. It was fine both times, quite attentive service in J, don't remember the food and didn't notice IFE because I slept most of the time. Better than Dragonair, certainly. Seats were old-fashioned armchairs, not lie-flat, but with good leg room. DAC, just a few minutes further than CCU, gets A330s with lie-flat in J. (They probably have more passengers to/from DAC though.)

This flight to CCU is of interest to me because not only are they starting nonstops AUH-CCU but they have just retimed the ORD-AUH-ORD flights so that (starting with the summer schedule) the connections to/from CCU are fast. I've already booked trips for June '15 and Dec '15 using AAdvantage miles.

I found the following trip report. Same plane, 2/3rd the distance, AUH-CAI. You can see photos of the J seats. The blogger liked the service and I assume service quality to CCU will be similar with some differences (e.g. no beef).

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...habi-to-cairo/

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Feb 6, 2015 at 9:03 pm
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I have no personal experience of this flight, but then no one does because the flights haven't started yet. I have flown on this plane between AUH and DEL/BOM. It was fine both times, quite attentive service in J, don't remember the food and didn't notice IFE because I slept most of the time. Better than Dragonair, certainly. Seats were old-fashioned armchairs, not lie-flat, but with good leg room. DAC, just a few minutes further than CCU, gets A330s with lie-flat in J. (They probably have more passengers to/from DAC though.)

This flight to CCU is of interest to me because not only are they starting nonstops AUH-CCU but they have just retimed the ORD-AUH-ORD flights so that (starting with the summer schedule) the connections to/from CCU are fast. I've already booked trips for June '15 and Dec '15 using AAdvantage miles.

I found the following trip report. Same plane, 2/3rd the distance, AUH-CAI. You can see photos of the J seats. The blogger liked the service and I assume service quality to CCU will be similar with some differences (e.g. no beef).

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...habi-to-cairo/
Thank you so much for the informative reply.

Yes, this appears to be much, much better than the KA service to CCU, which is even worse than the old Indian Airlines Business Class.

I already have a bunch of tickets purchased on CX to/from CCU/SFO for 2015, so maybe I will switch to EY in 2016.

The KA flight on the CCU/HKG sector has to be one of the worst flights I have ever been on.

Horrible food, dirty blankets, and old, horrible seats.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:58 am

Incidentally, you will get free chauffeur service at SFO arr/dep if you book in advance, but not at CCU. The pattern in India seems to be that only airports with more than one EY flight/day get chauffeur service. I am not sure why; it's not like a passenger pays less to fly to an airport that has only one daily flight. EY doesn't run its own car service anyway, it just books local car hire, so it's not an issue of scale.

But since competing airlines don't offer this at all, one can't complain too much. Between free limo and dine-on-demand, EY is pretty good in J, and unlike QR it does release award seats (2 per flight, 331 days in advance). Just don't get stuck in Y where it's 10-across on a 777.

Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
I already have a bunch of tickets purchased on CX to/from CCU/SFO for 2015, so maybe I will switch to EY in 2016.
The fact that you have booked J so far in advance implies that these are award tickets. I suggest that the $150 canx fee is worth it, and additional cancellations made at the same time are only $25 each. On the other hand you save a lot of miles (J from the US to India is 67,500 miles one way on EY or QR, but 85,000 miles on CX.)

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Feb 8, 2015 at 12:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.