Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad new routes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Incidentally, you will get free chauffeur service at SFO arr/dep if you book in advance, but not at CCU. The pattern in India seems to be that only airports with more than one EY flight/day get chauffeur service. I am not sure why; it's not like a passenger pays less to fly to an airport that has only one daily flight. EY doesn't run its own car service anyway, it just books local car hire, so it's not an issue of scale.

But since competing airlines don't offer this at all, one can't complain too much. Between free limo and dine-on-demand, EY is pretty good in J, and unlike QR it does release award seats (2 per flight, 331 days in advance). Just don't get stuck in Y where it's 10-across on a 777.

The fact that you have booked J so far in advance implies that these are award tickets. I suggest that the $150 canx fee is worth it, and additional cancellations made at the same time are only $25 each. On the other hand you save a lot of miles (J from the US to India is 67,500 miles one way on EY or QR, but 85,000 miles on CX.)
EK has 2 flights daily to CCU, and they don't offer chauffeur service either (at least not up to about a year ago).

All of my tickets are paid tickets on CX, with miles collected on AA.

Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.