Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad limo service - to tip (how much) or not to..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2009, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes

As I will be using the pearl limo service soon, I would like to know if a tip is expected and if so - about how much. In Abu Dhabi, I bet they expect a lot and they will keep holding their hand open until they are satisfied - as far as my experience with arabic countries tells me (asking people for directions in Morocco or so).
How about Sydney? The thing is, I am not sure if I even have local currency at least when landing... and they usually collect you at the arrival gate before you have time to find an atm or so...
Old Mar 6, 2009, 3:59 am
Suspended

oh no not another tipping thread
Old Mar 6, 2009, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Silver , QC Bronze, AA Plat
Originally Posted by mith
As I will be using the pearl limo service soon, I would like to know if a tip is expected and if so - about how much. In Abu Dhabi, I bet they expect a lot and they will keep holding their hand open until they are satisfied - as far as my experience with arabic countries tells me (asking people for directions in Morocco or so).
How about Sydney? The thing is, I am not sure if I even have local currency at least when landing... and they usually collect you at the arrival gate before you have time to find an atm or so...
I wouldnt Tip in Sydney, like european countries its not expected bar maybe eating out, cabs certainly dont expect a tip so I cant see why your limo should be any different. Abu Dhabi I would be unsure, if its local custom to then i suppose yes
Old Mar 7, 2009, 12:25 pm

No tipping expected in Abu Dhabi
Old Mar 15, 2009, 7:48 am

Programs: SPG, Etihad Guest, EK Skyawards, Thai ROP, MR Silver
I currently work in the UK as a limo driver. We mainly take crew from airport to airport but also passenger services for premium classes. We always appreciate a tip but never count on it. As for the amount.... well that's up to you. If you feel that you have been well treated and enjoyed your transfer why not give the driver a token of your appreciation.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:53 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
To bump an old thread....

Is the tipping amount still open topic or any set precedent since a few years back?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Steve_19
To bump an old thread....

Is the tipping amount still open topic or any set precedent since a few years back?
There are quite a lot of these threads around, with this being then most recent one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...ffeur-auh.html
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:08 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.